The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mneomonica and applications to other stacks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
I'm doing it! I have just started memorizing my second stack, Mnemonica!

I have to say that I feel more than a little nervous about ruining my now perfect fluidity with the Aronson stack, but I cannot quench my curiosity. Also, I found another Mnemonica feature I find attractive today and it won me over.

One thing is stronger than my worry of confusing myself completely, and that is the heavy knowledge that regardless of what the book says, it took me almost a year of use before I was completely fluid with the Aronson stack. No matter how long it will take me to learn this one, I am looking at a year of hesitation, slowness and generally poor performance before it will feel as natural as NDO.

Well, perhaps it will go faster the second time around now that I am used to thinking about such things.

Oh, and I won't do the singing on tape bit. I can't force myself to do goofy stuff like that. Brute memory it has to be.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
corsufle
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of corsufle
Quote:
On 2009-05-20 15:35, Jeff Kellogg wrote:
Mnemonica is the best- and since so many magicians use it- it you bump into another who does- you've got a lot to talk about

A quick thanks to everyone here who recommended Mnemonica. I just got my copy today and it looks great!
Who is the Fool with the guitar?
Find out at HobbyhorseMusic.com
tomboston
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
88 Posts

Profile of tomboston
I have just memorized Mnemonica and am wondering if anyone can give me help resetting the stack after doing a called for Poker Hand. I would like to do a couple called for hands before ending with a royal flush and then NDO. It seems the process is cumbersome. Maybe I am missing out on something. Please PM me if the answer would be exposure. Thanks!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2398 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
What is the Statistics Stack.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mneomonica and applications to other stacks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL