The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Anchor AN-1000X Companion Speaker Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Currently I have an Anchor AN-1000X used for outdoor Gigs.
I use to connect only an ipod and a mic on it.
I want to know if it's worth to get the Companion Speaker in order to have stereo sound and more power.

Appreciate any advice about this matter.

Thanks!
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
The Anchor unit is mono, so you won't get stereo sound by adding another speaker. However, you will get bigger sound coverage (over a larger area).

If you get the unpowered companion speaker, you won't get any more power because the original unit will be driving itself and the companion from the same amp. Click HERE to view both types of units. You might be able to connect two powered units for more power, but I'm not sure about that. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Good points sethb, thanks for your comments.

After talk with anchor Audio Support, they confirm that it's possible to connect multiple Anchor AN-1000X (Powered) in Daisy Chain, but to expand the sound for more coverage, no to get more power and always in mono mode.

So, for more strength, I think it's not worth to get the Companion Speaker or another AN-1000X system, I would use my Yamaha stagepas.

Regards!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Anchor AN-1000X Companion Speaker Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL