The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sanctum 4 -Wonder Tour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Very different than S3. On a different track altogether!
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Quote:
On 2009-05-08 12:10, dennfox wrote:
Very different than S3. On a different track altogether!

Yep!
Peabody
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
25 Posts

Profile of Peabody
I'm new to both Bizarre and Mentalism after years of doing kids show and busking.

Two months ago I bought a few products from Outlaw and became hooked on Sanctum 2 right away.

Now I got a peek at S4 and I'm excited! The art work is creepy. I really like how it appears this will tie into many other Outlaw effects which will make for great crossovers.

I can't wait for this one!
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Dennfox and Alton, I say the finish is just like S3 that's why I quoted Rick. I haven't seen the card and have no idea what it's about, what I know is that CG took the Sanctum card from "laminated" to "a nice buffed antique wax finish" with S3, and it sounds like Rick liked that idea. I like it too.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
717 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
How does one get this peek? Just curiouser and curiouser...
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2009-05-09 14:44, illusioneer wrote:
How does one get this peek? Just curiouser and curiouser...

OHHHHHHH....... if you have to ask.............. then you are not ready.... yet............

Ray,
LOL
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
It's who you have to sign your soul over with a blood signature that determines your peak.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On 2009-05-08 11:20, Balaram wrote:
I will be accepting Peeks all weekend. Just sayin.

OH! Oh--this is--unexpected...!
Definately not S3--which I love, thanks CG.
Wow--ALL new direction here--
D**n!
Respect to Roth and Nadata!
What the H**l does it do??!?
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
It's not what it does...it's what you do that counts...

Nathan
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 00:13, Nathan Pain wrote:
It's not what it does...it's what you do that counts...

Nathan

:bat:
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
717 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Got my peek and 1 quarter, 1 nickel, and 1 penny in my pocket.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Quote:
On 2009-05-09 10:41, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Dennfox and Alton, I say the finish is just like S3 that's why I quoted Rick. I haven't seen the card and have no idea what it's about, what I know is that CG took the Sanctum card from "laminated" to "a nice buffed antique wax finish" with S3, and it sounds like Rick liked that idea. I like it too.

Yes the finish is suppose to be like that found on S3 which I like as well and will be good for the S4 version Rick has in the making
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Guys the wax finish used on S-3 was to preserve and protect the post card, along with adding a nice look and feel to it.
This was done partly because the card was not laminated.

With S-4 we did not want to laminate the buck slip so we had to apply a wax sealer to preserve and protect it.

These wax finishes are commonly used to protect and "age" paper.

With all due respect to Alton, we were not trying to make it look like anything other than what it is.

Since Mr. Thrash has seen both he can attest to the fact that S-4 is a completely different product design then S-3.

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Rick,
Will the methodology be that of Sanctum 2 and 3 or completely different? I am just trying to figure out if this is Sanctum 3 with a new coat of paint errrr wax or if this has a totally different handling for the performer.
Thanks
Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 07:45, aceofharts wrote:
Rick,
Will the methodology be that of Sanctum 2 and 3 or completely different? I am just trying to figure out if this is Sanctum 3 with a new coat of paint errrr wax or if this has a totally different handling for the performer.
Thanks
Floyd

Let me clarify Smile

1. Sanctum 3 was actually sanctum 2 with a new coat of paint and a new dress Smile

2. Sanctum 4 moves from the "society" to the back roads traveled by The Mysterious Wonder Tour.

3. You will meet Luna Rose in the spirit of Sanctum.

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Ahhh I love Luna Rose.
She was beautiful in all those early illustrations.
You see her in the Ark video several times.
http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/silv......ver.html

My favorite is the actual footage of her later in life finding a flea market painting of the Sanctum parlor for sale on the street. She is a little too gleeful considering the rumors surrounding her and the Hobbs fire.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 14:30, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 07:45, aceofharts wrote:
Rick,
Thanks
Floyd

Let me clarify Smile

1. Sanctum 3 was actually sanctum 2 with a new coat of paint and a new dress Smile

2. Sanctum 4 moves from the "society" to the back roads traveled by The Mysterious Wonder Tour.

3. You will meet Luna Rose in the spirit of Sanctum.

RR

With all due respect...point #1 is totally false...

Nathan
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
[/quote]

With all due respect...point #1 is totally false...

Nathan
[/quote]

With all due respect my good man, I believe S-3 has the same image on the postcard as my S-2 card.

This thread is about S-4 which I think you've seen Nathan and it is nothing like S-3
correct? Smile

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
S3 shares an image with S2 but there is so much more to it...to ignore that is foolish...& other than the wax S3 & S4 share some sanctumish ideas, but the way they look is different...

Nathan
Peabody
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
25 Posts

Profile of Peabody
I'm not sure why we're having this argument about S2 vs S3 when this thread is about the soon to be released S4.

I own S2 and love it. I've seen S4 and I'm getting one. I've never had a desire to own S3. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just never needed it.

Now Rick is talking about a "Relic" type medallion that goes with Sanctum, we're really going to have a real nice act all based on Sanctum with transitions that make sense.

I can see using S4, The Teller and the medallion trick all together. The only thing missing is a book test. I can use Luna now, but I'd love a Sanctum book. Maybe a member registry or the research notebook of an investigator who disappeared while investigating the Sanctum organization.

So, let's get back to talking about S4 and what we can do with it. It should hopefully ship this week, right Rick?
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sanctum 4 -Wonder Tour (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL