The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sanctum 4 -Wonder Tour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 16:11, Nathan Pain wrote:
S3 shares an image with S2 but there is so much more to it...to ignore that is foolish...& other than the wax S3 & S4 share some sanctumish ideas, but the way they look is different...

Nathan

Nathan, just to be clear my friend, I created the Sanctum concept almost 4 years ago. I brought Chris in to work with me on the evolution of S-1 into S-2

There are aspects of S-1 S-2 and S-3 in S-4 because Sanctum is very "liquid". So your implication that possibly I'm some how "dissing or copying" S-3 is rather foolish because Sanctum is my idea to begin with, and I worked on S-3 with Chris before I gave it to him and let him run with it Smile.

The fact that they "tie" in in some way is the whole point of continuing the Sanctum mystique.

Just so you know, and I'm sure you do, Cornelius Hobbs was a member of Sanctum. Trinity press publishers of The Witches Almanac is a Hobbs & Co. subsidiary.

The Teller deck is a Sanctum/Hobbs/Trinity press release

Luna Rose was "discovered" by Hobbs and brought into Sanctum.

Sanctum runs much deeper than S-3 my friend.

Soon you will see a Josephus Hobbs contribution "The Departed"

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Rick,

Just to be clear...you assume WAY too much of my motivations...& I know you created it. I don't feel you were "dissing or copying"...I felt that you were being unfair in your comparison of s2 to s3...it's not a big deal...don't take things so personally...you will soon have an S4 order from me...that's the bottom line, isn't it?

Nathan
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 18:13, Nathan Pain wrote:
Rick,

Just to be clear...you assume WAY too much of my motivations...& I know you created it. I don't feel you were "dissing or copying"...I felt that you were being unfair in your comparison of s2 to s3...it's not a big deal...don't take things so personally...you will soon have an S4 order from me...that's the bottom line, isn't it?

Nathan

I'm sorry if I came across a little to defensive old man Smile I'm having a rough day. The wife is sick and I'm watching the 6 year old and getting yelled at by the 11 year old.

The "bottom line" is I just want my customers to be happy with the products I sell.

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
It's all good Rick...I'm in the same boat...all 3 of us are sick...and the 5 year old yells A LOT!

Nathan
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 14:30, Roth wrote:

Let me clarify Smile

1. Sanctum 3 was actually sanctum 2 with a new coat of paint and a new dress Smile

2. Sanctum 4 moves from the "society" to the back roads traveled by The Mysterious Wonder Tour.

3. You will meet Luna Rose in the spirit of Sanctum.

RR

Thanks for clearing this up Rick, will this be a stage version such as 3 or not. I have not seen this new creation but as you know I own 1, 2 and 3. And have contributed to some great ideas with 2 to make it play bigger. So I am wondering when the rest of the world will get to see this?

Thanks
Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 18:20, Roth wrote:
The "bottom line" is I just want my customers to be happy with the products I sell.

RR

No worries with this customer Rick. Get well quickly, invocations are on the way for you and family's benefit.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 19:58, aceofharts wrote:

Thanks for clearing this up Rick, will this be a stage version such as 3 or not. I have not seen this new creation but as you know I own 1, 2 and 3. And have contributed to some great ideas with 2 to make it play bigger. So I am wondering when the rest of the world will get to see this?

Thanks
Floyd

Thank you for your contributions to the Sanctum world Floyd Smile

S-4 harks back to a simpler time. The small town. It's an heirloom, a relic of places long gone.

It was tough in the early 30's. Jobs were hard to come by, money was tight.

The Mysterious Wonder Tour traveled the back roads hitting small towns, their tents springing up in the dark hours of the night.

The next day buck slips had peppered the town and the anticipation was crackling in the air.

The Wonder Tour was back.

S-4 is a remnant of days gone by.

Keep it in your Witch Box, use it as a bookmark in the Witches' Almanac. Keep it in the billfold of your wallet.

Bring it out and take people back to a time when life was simple and the mysterious was welcomed like an old friend.

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2009-05-11 00:10, Roth wrote:
take people back to a time when life was simple and the mysterious was welcomed like an old friend.

RR

Ahhhh brilliant...that for me is what OutLaw is all about.
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 02:50, Roth wrote:
These wax finishes are commonly used to protect and "age" paper.

With all due respect to Alton, we were not trying to make it look like anything other than what it is.

Since Mr. Thrash has seen both he can attest to the fact that S-4 is a completely different product design then S-3.

RR

Never said it was made to look like anything else, just said that it was suppose to have a wax finish like S3 (I just double checked my previous post to make sure I phrased that correct). I have even used a wax finish on some of my "aged" materials so it is very common.

Yes it is a different product design than S3 with some similarities to the previous incarnations (referring to the forces used on the front of the S4 that can also be seen in the S2, S3 products) with the feel of the Luna Rose concept from Outlaw which is why I will be picking this up when it comes to market. Having other products from Outlaw this will be my introduction to Luna Rose and like the way it ties into the other Sanctum related stuff I already own.

I will let those in the "KNOW" duke it out with regards to the other stuff since I had nothing to do with that. And as the guy (Clink?) from Hogan's Heroes use to say (I know Nutzing, Nutzing) or something like that anyway.

The idea of using it as a bookmark for Witches is an excellent idea Rick and never had a bad experience with Outlaw myself. Can't speak for others.

AT
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Sounds very cool.

Luke
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Quote:
On 2009-05-11 00:10, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 19:58, aceofharts wrote:

Thanks
Floyd

Thank you for your contributions to the Sanctum world Floyd Smile

S-4 harks back to a simpler time. The small town. It's an heirloom, a relic of places long gone.

It was tough in the early 30's. Jobs were hard to come by, money was tight.

The Mysterious Wonder Tour traveled the back roads hitting small towns, their tents springing up in the dark hours of the night.

The next day buck slips had peppered the town and the anticipation was crackling in the air.

The Wonder Tour was back.

S-4 is a remnant of days gone by.

Keep it in your Witch Box, use it as a bookmark in the Witches' Almanac. Keep it in the billfold of your wallet.

Bring it out and take people back to a time when life was simple and the mysterious was welcomed like an old friend.

RR

Ok thanks Rick, so I take it that S4 will not be a stage version as S3 was. Sounds like your giving life to the other products using Sanctum as part of the whole mystery puzzle. Vary nice idea indeed.

Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
I wish that Outlaw had more products for non-english customers Smile Many things on their site makes me feel jealous.
Peabody
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
25 Posts

Profile of Peabody
Look, I don,t want to start any more contraversy, but I beleive the "peek" given to several members is not the completed product.

I'm not sayin the peek is a hoax, but I have a source that says there may be more to it...
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Quote:
On 2009-05-11 18:22, Peabody wrote:
Look, I don,t want to start any more contraversy, but I beleive the "peek" given to several members is not the completed product.

I'm not sayin the peek is a hoax, but I have a source that says there may be more to it...

I've heard whispers of wool blindfolds as well...

Nathan
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Quote:
On 2009-05-11 18:22, Peabody wrote:

You are correct. It is definitely not the completed product.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2108 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:

Nathan

arghgh...those would be ITCHY!
*ISOLATION /QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls eBooks:
- Now only $10 ea! PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com

Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Just saw the finalized version of the Luna Rose back! Very nice...
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Quote:
On 2009-05-11 19:22, mindhunter wrote:
Quote:

Nathan

arghgh...those would be ITCHY!

Don't worry, it's fake wool. With a special anti itch coating.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-05-11 19:27, dennfox wrote:
Just saw the finalized version of the Luna Rose back! Very nice...

No one has seen the final product.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Sorry Guys,

I misunderstood Roth's e-mail. I did not see the final product!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sanctum 4 -Wonder Tour (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL