The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » RC Magic Website to close... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
RC Magic, the website for building magic with Micro RC Cars, will be closing down in just 2 weeks. I have had a great time developing the site during this past year, as well as corresponding with many magicians and Micro RC Car enthusiasts. Many thanks to the 18,000 plus visitors.

Best,

Michael Sibbernsen
http://rcmagic.com
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Michael!
Just saw these things in Walmart the other day and picked one up for bashing to make an animated item for my props!

Nice ideas you have going, sorry your site is closing.

I will toy with the little thing and repost if I have success in my endeavors!
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Michael,
Can the RC part of the cars be used as triggers for other devices and effects? Like smoke machines, etc.?
Thanks.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Thanks Kay. Looking forward to hear what you come up with.

Jim, some modification would obviously be necessary, but yes. By removing the receiver unit from the car chassis and adding a couple of relays you could trigger any number of items.

Other commercially available RC units would probably be better suited for most applications, but these would certainly come in handy if you need a tiny actuator.

MS
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Could I use an RC car engine to drive an ecentric cam to make a lightweight magical box shake rattle and roll on cue? Also, are the commericially available RC units you mention a lot more money than an RC unit adapted from an RC car?
Thank you, Michael.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Jim,

To your first question, absolutely.

A very popular commercial product some folks have had success modifying (I hate saying the product) is the novelty "Electronic Fart Machines" from Spencers Gifts and the like. Wireless doorbells from Home Depot can also be modified. Both are inexpensive.

For high-end (and much more expensive) projects I would recommend the custom work of Wireless Wizardry at...

http://www.wirelesswizardry.com/remotes.htm

MS
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks again, Michael. I am going to make use of this information. I've been trying to figure out how I was going to do this.
Jim
Night_Crawler
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Night_Crawler
I like the site. There are some clever ideas. I've wanted one of those cars for a while but I have never thought about using it in magic. Smile

Night_Crawler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » RC Magic Website to close... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL