The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How is the weather where you guys are? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
How is it?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1888 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Very rainy today. It's making my grass very green which is good but I also have to mow it.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
We had a very cold and dry winter, followed by had a cool spring. Things are slowly greening. It was sunny and pleasant today, though.

Thanks for asking. How about for you Kevin?

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Tornados today.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Rain...then a little more rain and then some more rain.

I like it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19873 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Still waiting for global warming to kick in.

It is supposed to be hotter that it has been lately.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Typical spring here. I need to buy some grass seed though. I got some foul lawn spots. Generally I could care less but it's started to make ME look twice:-p
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Getting very cold here - I even noticed some backpackers wearing T shirts - that indicates winter is coming.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Destiny, does toilet water really flow counter clockwise in Aussie land?
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-05-03 22:46, plasticdestiny wrote:
Getting very cold here - I even noticed some backpackers wearing T shirts - that indicates winter is coming.

Maybe they're tougher in Queensland, but when I was in NSW last (Australian) winter, I couldn't believe what I saw. In mild 12C weather, many of the locals had coats, hats and gloves on. My daughter went to a riding stable and laughed out loud when she saw that the horses were blanketed. Tell me things aren't so soft in Queensland.

John
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
John,

Here in the tropics we are tough - real tough... except when it comes to cold - 12C - I'd be sheltering in the house with electric heaters.

Justin,

Toilet water - is that eau de toilette? I can only refer you to this very educational thread in Pennies. Slim travelled half way round the world and spent his free time flushing a toilet.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=15&22
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
John, the weather here is fine, slightly rainy- odd for this time of year.

I always thought the best way to think about the toilet thing was: If they built a giant toilet, half on one side of the equator, half on the other would it not flush?

I have read it explained as formed by the "corialis" (sp) effect, or the spinning of the earth. But then again, I have also read things are just made differently in other parts of the world.

Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Wonderful, Venice Beach is great this time of year.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
The toilet thing is a myth. Think about throwing a ball back and forth on a merry-go-round, or whatever they might call it in Australia. The ball seems to the people on the thing to curve opposite to the direction of motion, when it actually moves in a straight line as seen by a stationary observer, and in relation to the ground. This is how the coriolis force works. For the ball to seem to curve the other way, the m-g-r would have to spin in the opposite direction, which the southern hemisphere does not do.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Living in central California we are used to 2 seasons.... Fog and HOT! This year we seem to be enjoying a very mild and pleasant Spring! It happens every few years and it's usually followed by a blistering summer with consecutive days over 105F! Gotta make the best of it while it lasts!

MMc
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
The toilet thing is a myth. Think about throwing a ball back and forth on a merry-go-round, or whatever they might call it in Australia. The ball seems to the people on the thing to curve opposite to the direction of motion, when it actually moves in a straight line as seen by a stationary observer, and in relation to the ground. This is how the coriolis force works. For the ball to seem to curve the other way, the m-g-r would have to spin in the opposite direction, which the southern hemisphere does not do.

Bill, as always, is correct.

Nor do we go out and in, or down and up.

We do however drive on the correct side of the road while you Americans drive on the right side, and while your drivers sit on the correct side of their cars, we sit on the right side.

Destiny
Xaethia
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of Xaethia
Rained for 3 days earlier this week! OMG! First time in years!
Starting to cool down here. No more 40oC days. There is fog at night and frost on the grass in the morning (even still at 8:00).
"Technique beats skill. Psychology beats technique. Philosophy beats all. Think about it." CrdShk
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Bill, you ever hear about the toilets being built different or am I just unaware?

I knew I spelt "coriolis " wrong!!!!

Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
More rain today...less miles on the road!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

You can test the drain thing easily. Fill a sink. Gently move the water with your hand--you don't need to do much. When you pull the drain the water goes down in the direction that you moved the water. You can do it in either direction anywhere on earth. The shape of the sink and the existing movements of the water determine which way the water goes down.

And the Kenyan water drainers are, IMO, brilliant street performers.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How is the weather where you guys are? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL