The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Please debate Oil and Water (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2577 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I do like Derren Brown's O&W but I prefer Dingle's which has an Oil & Queens kicker which I end up using to segue into Aronson's Under Her Spell.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Hassan
View Profile
New user
Cairo,Egypt
59 Posts

Profile of Hassan
@edh where can I find Japanese Aces effect ?
@ricardo carpenter Which volume exactly, and I think you mean "Subtle card creations".
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
I just started doing Aldo Colombini's Oil and Water from his The Essential Aldo Colombini DVDs. It's a fun routine!
Koolmagic114
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Personally, I have just never gotten into this effect. I personally just never found it interesting. And I Gould not ever find a way to make myself care why the cards/colors seperated.

I tried a few routines but only found one I actually liked. Sadly it has been so long now I forgot who's it was. So I even feel bad putting a comment here. What I do remember liking about it was the fact it was quite easy to do. Letting me concentrat on the performance. And the fact that this version took you away from the "watch the colors seperate" (again... Yawn)

As some above mentioned, the repitition. Is what I always disliked about this effect.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
magicmatt
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of magicmatt
I have been performing Guy Hollingworth's Oil and Water for many years now and it always gets a strong reaction. It's clean and really not that difficult to perform. A plus with this routine is if you can get the special move down then you can move onto Waving the Aces which will knock the socks off of people.
(a)ndy
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
161 Posts

Profile of (a)ndy
I remember seeing someone perform a stage version of Oil and Water at the Blackpool Magical Championships probably about 15 years ago.

I can't remember his name but his act was themed around a farmer and his cards had sheep and cows on them. He performed it by mixing "Baaa"s and "Mooo"s.

The routine was really funny and the effect was a knock out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Please debate Oil and Water (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL