The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Miser's Dream - Matthew Hampel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
From the Steven's Magic website:

Misers Dream (Hampel) (DVD)

Pulling money out of thin air! Now that’s magic! Don't let the price [$16.00] fool you - this is truly an amazing value for anyone interested in performing, or already performing the Miser's Dream. We had our in house Stevens Magic resident magicians review it and when it comes to learning or refreshing the "mechanics" of Miser's Dream - you won't find anything better for the price. Of course, for this price, there are no fancy graphics or high-tech multi-camera angles -- but come on -- haven't we all gotten a little tired of people over packaging products and under providing value? This is a must have DVD. Matthew Hampel presents his take on the classic Miser’s Dream routine that can be performed, in a small room or on a full theater stage! Coins magically appear at your finger tips. In addition to Matt’s routine you will learn the best coins to use as well as how to select the best bucket. Imagine performing this classic in an impromptu situation! Well, as a bonus, Matt gives you two very strong impromptu possibilities! Get your coins. Get a bucket and get ready to earn a routine that will become a permanent part of your magic arsenal!
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Yeah, $16 is pretty good value, think I'll be picking this up for my lybrary. Ever since watching Chris Capeharts routine I've loved this routine for kids and adults alike. Every person has a little different take on it, and I've found I can learn a little from each. Thanks for the heads up
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
When performing a classic of magic like this I like to do as much research into the effect as possible. I've watched the Capehart routine but his character simply doesn't work for me. I'm now watching the Levent DVDs (also went to his lecture last week) and as well have watched Jeff McBride's version.

jeff
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here's some Youtube Misers Dream clips. In can't find the Hampel one.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=misers+dream

Matt does have Youtube page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCbIm5mDfLo
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
It's too bad that there's no footage of T. Nelson Downs doing his routine. I'd kill to see him do it. Supposedly, he could b***p**m a huge stack of silver dollars.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
295 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
I am sure that you guys will love it. Everyone that has picked this dvd up and said nothing but good things about it. Hope you all enjoy.
Xtreme Manipulator
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Xtreme Manipulator
This looks very good. I will be sure to pick up a copy.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-06-23 15:05, Magicmatt1982 wrote:
I am sure that you guys will love it. Everyone that has picked this dvd up and said nothing but good things about it. Hope you all enjoy.

Matt, is there a short demo clip?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
295 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Miser's Dream - Matthew Hampel (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL