The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Influence 2 - done? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I know this is really a question for Lee Earle, but I've had no luck contacting him in the recent past....

Does anyone know if the Influence 2 'connection' will be maintained past the May '09 (this month) original commitment? With Larry Becker's retirement, the Mentalism Unlimited web address is now Lee's web site, and only Influence "new" is listed, with no reference to Influence 2.

Would be a shame to lose this service.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Eric,

Just sent you a PM. For obvious reasons did not want to post the info on a public forum.

Dick Christian
Dick Christian
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Still trying to find an answer to the question!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I could be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that this was extended another year. It might have been on one of Jheff's newsletters -- maybe email him and he'll know.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Yea I picked this up at an auction in april and was sad to see that it was basically over with, I couldn't even register it with the site that was proved.
Any help would be great
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I believe the "Extending another year" was going to be based on subscribers resubscribing.
Not sure how that went down...might be ongoing?
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
That's what I heard to but there is now was to register anymore, well that I know of
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
INFLUENCE U 1 (NOT 2) has been extended to subscribers for another year. (Don't yet know about #2)

U 1 is still an excellent effect from the brilliant mind of Lee Earle.

Best 2 all

Gerry
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
An extension to the "Influence U" service has been offered; but to my knowledge not for "Influence 2."

Interestingly, Hocus Pocus is doing a promo on Influence 2, Influence U, and Caller ID, blowing them out at half price or less......but if the 'support' isn't there; what's the point?
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I just went back through my emails and found the newsletter from Jheff. In his mailing, he says the numbers for all three effects (Influence U, 2, and Caller ID) are extended until 2011. Jheff also has these items for sale.
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
191 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Er... am I the only who has found that the phone number has stopped working? If there are others in Canada who are having no problems whatsoever, I'd appreciate it if you'd PM me. If on the other hand, you are also having problems (no matter where you live), then it's probably okay to post about it publicly. I hope.
I formerly ran a site of links to help Canadian magicians, magicinfo.ca, but I retired it in 2022.
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
191 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
I should have mentioned that I have already tried to contact Lee Earle about this, and have had no response as yet.
I formerly ran a site of links to help Canadian magicians, magicinfo.ca, but I retired it in 2022.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
How about emailing or calling Paul at Hocu Pocus and just asking him. They are honest people. I am sure you will get the answer you seek.

Best-
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
191 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
I don't understand. Why would I call Hocus Pocus? I didn't buy the effect from Hocus Pocus. I bought the original effect from Jheff Poncher, and dealt directly with Lee Earle to ensure I was paid up until May 2010.

It sounds to me as though you either know something I don't, or at least think you do. Smile
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
191 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Here's what I have so far:

• A claim (in a PM) that someone else has bought the rights to and has taken over service responsibilities for this effect from Lee Earle.
  • A claim (in a PM) that the "someone" may be Murphy's Magic.
  • An implication (in a PM) that the number is still working for those inside the USA.

I have not confirmed any of this.

If you know something more, please post it here.

(Recap: The toll free number used to work for me just fine here in Canada. Recently, it has stopped working. I am 100% sure that I am dialling the correct number, because I am using a redial/memory function in my phone. I have e-mailed Lee Earle and had no response.)
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
The Influence u2 now works. the phone line has been fixed.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I can confirm that. Working fine (from Canada and the U.S.), AND a bonus, now works from any phone, not just your registered tel#!
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
When Murphy's began offering a sale on Influence and other phone effects from Lee Earle and Larry Becker earlier this year, there was some confusion between Murphy's and Lee which was later settled. Thus, some of the information in my newsletters from that time is incorrect. All the influence stuff still works and the service has been renewed until 2010. In 2010, purchasers will be contacted to renew for another year. That's assuming there's enough interest (which I think there will be, but I can't say for certain; it's up to Lee). I'll also mention that Lee has released some additional phone effects which are on his website and are worth checking out if you like this type of effect.

-- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2009-08-28 08:59, dgcuff wrote:
I don't understand. Why would I call Hocus Pocus? I didn't buy the effect from Hocus Pocus. I bought the original effect from Jheff Poncher, and dealt directly with Lee Earle to ensure I was paid up until May 2010.

It sounds to me as though you either know something I don't, or at least think you do. Smile

Hocus Pocus carries it currently. As Lee Earle did not respond. I was trying to assist you in getting an answer from someone that is currently selling the item. I know nothing, nor think I do.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I did just purchase Singularity.....should have it in my hands this week Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Influence 2 - done? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL