The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where is Santa (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
2 days without posting? I do not think this has happened since he logged on. Maybe his roommate, stalker friend went crazy. Anyone heard from him?

NUMS

P.S. I am not worried about him just miss his banter.

NUMS
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I noticed his absence also. But he vanishes from time to time for a day or two. I'm guessing he's on a road trip.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I'm sure it'll be some wild adventure with lots of colorful details!
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
You know, at 49 I've led a very full and interesting life.

I used to think I had phenomenal good luck - but now recognise I went in search of the fun, the exotic, the interesting and the challenging as an answer to my boring childhood where all the fun, exotic, interesting and challenging things were in the books I read.

I don't usually talk about many of the things I've done because people think I'm full of s*** unless I bring out pics and vids etc as verification. That seems a bit show offy so I usually avoid it.

On these forums though, posters will bring up subjects that prompt my memory and I remember things I hadn't thought of in years.

I think MagicSanta is similar, and I believe every word he writes.

Destiny
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No, my computer crashed and I'm using someone elses right now.... my laptop has been shot and arrowed (not sure the proper term for shooting an arrow into a lap top).

Hey, I speak the truth. I left home at 17 and went around a lot of the world and lived life. Those who stayed home and suckled mommy just didn't have the same experiences. But no wild adventures any longer, it would likely kill me now. My main struggle is finding what new computer to get.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-05-07 22:50, MagicSanta wrote:
my laptop has been shot and arrowed (not sure the proper term for shooting an arrow into a lap top).

Say whaaa??!?

Why'd you go and do that?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Cuz it broke.... can you fix 'em? I'll tell you the problem and you can tell me if shooting it was bad. The tech said there was power but it wasn't retaining the power (not battery related) so I'd turn it on, the desk top would come on, then it would shut down, I mean just shut off no official closure. He said they would have to replace the board (?) and it wouldn't be 'cost effective'. I personally thought the fact I was at the only computer tech for 40 miles and I think his abilities were lacking had something to do with it, I think in Silicon Valley I could have found a fifth grader who could fix it (or as you Canuckers say, grade five). So I shot it and my pal arrowed it....teach that mutha @%#$#@ to break down. Could it have been saved? You know, as in a repaired sense? Tell me the truth, I can take it. Oh, I did pull the drive out first, can that be put into a chasis?
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
If the motherboard needed to be replaced, then yes it could have been fixed, but he was right- Not cost effective.
Just went through that with one of our machines. The arrow was the right solution.
Gwyd
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Santa, yeah, you did the right thing pulling the drive out. In fact, any peripheral can be pulled from an old computer and re-used. So can the memory, depending on how old it is and what type.

Hard drives are really easy to install- there's just one thing to figure out, apart from connecting the cables (which are one-directional and can't be screwed up.) If you're installing the drive into a system that already has one, on the same cable, you'll probably need to pull out a pair of tweezers and set the jumper on the drive to "Slave". (Do this before you plug it in, of course.) There should be a sticker on the drive that tells you what position this is. If it's still your only drive, you won't need to change the jumper settings.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Believe me, I pulled out the DVD drive etc, so I really just shot the chasis. For those keeping score it took me five shots. I couldn't hit the hay stacks with the arrow that is why my pal did it, nailed that sucker first shot. It was kind of cool.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where is Santa (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL