The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Educational shows for schools (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
194 Posts

Profile of Ilan
Good day members.

I have been asked to create shows for a magician to perform at schools. The ages of kids will be around 8 to 12 years old.
The shows I would like to create will be themed as in:
Safety in the home.
Road safety
Fire safety
And also for the older ones:
Say no the drugs
Peer pressure

Can anyone please suggests good ideas they have seen and/or where should I be looking for advice.

Many thanks

Ilan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
My book 'The children's entertainers guidebook' has a chapter devoted to the shows: healthy eating, reading, recycling & safety.
The chapter is more of an overview - as in what tricks you already own, that can be adapted to tell an educational message.
It gives you my patter and routine. (The book is available from my website and on Lybrary.com)

I have another book coming out, on astronomy magic. Its currently running at 100 pages and is in the final stages of completion. This book covers every possible area of putting on a space / astronomy / science based magic show. It contains the show, tricks that you can adapt or build. Balloon sculptures, jokes, decoration resources etc.
It a very different educational show and should appeal to all schools (Primary & secondary) as it follows the curriculum, more than just a message show. Because astronomy is part of the national curriculum, it will offer the school a different reason to hire you, and so you get more work.

Steve
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12310 Posts

Profile of John C
Check out my Magic Secrets Reading program (see my sig)

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
194 Posts

Profile of Ilan
Thanks for feedback, I will be looking into them shortly.

Thanks so much for advice

Ilan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I hate putting in plugs, but check out my website: http://www.safetymagicshows.com

I've performed over 14,000 of these type shows. There are books for sale on the website.

Chris
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7444 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
If you do some searching on The Magic Café, you should find some basic information on these topics for school shows. Maybe even the occassional routine.

You can also research the topics with basic internet searches, or reading books at the library, or buying magician-specific products.

The more knowledgeable you are about a topic, the better your show and messages will be. You don't have to tell them everything you know, but you will have more raw material to draw from.

- Donald (not promoting my product Smile )
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Educational shows for schools (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL