The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Zibit cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
Im looking for cases to display my zibits. I know Doug recomended using cheap acrylic fishtanks, but I cant find anything suitable. Does anyone have any more suggestions. BTW I live in the UK
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Pm`d ok.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Doug does not (to my knowledge) recommend "cheap acrylic fish tanks", but a regular glass fish tank is quite nice.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Try a pet store. Custom sized aquariums are not that expensive. Then you turn it upside down. Cheap and easy, fast and fun.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Get a sheet of 4' x 8' plywood...cut 2' off each end...hinge all pieces together so that you have 2' x 4' x 2' 3/4 box...place aquarium behind on table...paint up outside of "Box"...Now..Folks don't know how Big or...Little it is...adds to the "Mystery"...and if that suggestion does not help...Blame it on "The Curator"..for not following the Manual....
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Oh, and why not show it in a old "Microwave"???
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2009-05-06 18:38, The Curator of the Unusual wrote:
Oh, and why not show it in a old "Microwave"???

Haa haa, I like that.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
I use old metal trunks and other boxes that are displayed behind a barrier. THe key is to not let the public have any idea about what they are about to see. I display in a 10x10 and currently section it off with plywood with portholes cut out for viewing. Granted I have some ten exhibits showing and not just a single one...but that is me.

Even my first time out, I had the dang thing behind grids cause having been out on the fair circuit for some many years now, I realize they are all animals--even the nice ones....maybe its just my jaded nature--but to give an example, every time I let some one in for a reduced price, or a patron can;t afford it and their buddies pay for him---its that guy, the guy, or gal, who got in for free--that gives the heat

But I have strayed from the original question....

get a long table....put up a barrier of some sort....use spanish moss around the base of your zibit to hide the wood base. Make colorful and descriptive information placards--do it in a couple of languages to make it important to all...Add flash, be mysterious...

I don't know what exhibit you have from Doug...but lets say its a mer-creature... Get some fishing net and drap it around ... You don;t have to say exactly what the exhibit is--just that fishing crews periodically catch strange things in their nets, as can be expected... Have fun
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
Quote:
On 2009-05-06 14:57, Freak Prodigy wrote:
Doug does not (to my knowledge) recommend "cheap acrylic fish tanks", but a regular glass fish tank is quite nice.

If you look at his website, he has a picture underneath with a caption about a cheap plexiglass fishtank
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
If youveiw this post from the past, and scroll down you can see what I used on my zibit. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=23

I hope that helps,
Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I have had Doug tell me on the phone what he suggests. I have seen a set up at a fair. It's a $10, or around 7 pounds, glass fish tank bought from Asda or similar. You can go to your nearest DIY store and buy some angle aluminum and some good clear adhesive. Plus a few screws or bolts. Drill holes in the aluminum where you will be bolting it onto your base or table. Glue the pre drilled angle aluminum to the tank. Allow it to dry. Place your Zibit on the base and bolt or screw it down.

I hope my brief description is approved my Mr. Higley. It's just off of what I have seen. No experience beyond conversation and limited experience.

Good luck!

Will
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
P.s
Fitz, yours looks great!!
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Thanks. I have since trimmed the wooden base that my zibit is mounted to and I got rid of the wood block spacer. Now it fits in perfect.

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Zibit cases (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL