The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Mike Super Autsin TX show. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mantooth
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of mantooth
Saw Mike Super perform last Friday in Austin Texas. It was a really great show, Mike is one of the few magicians I've seen that really understands that it's not the tricks you perform, it's your connection with the audience.

Right before performing the Blaney Ladder Lev, Mike Super announced that one of his magic friends was in the audience and that this friend was the creator of his next illusion. (I was kind of thinking this going to be a bit, and be part of the show.) Mike then announced that it was none other than Walter Blaney. After a nice speech, Mike asked Walter to stand, and then explained to the audience that Walter was one of the best magicians/magic creators in the world. Mike proceeded to publicly thank Walter for allowing him to perform his fine illusion. And then led the applause for Walter which resulted in a nice bow from Mr. Blaney.

I thought this was a rare thing to see now days. A younger magician, honoring an older magician in the middle of HIS show. Mike is a class act and this was, in my opinion, a great moment for magic, and gives me hope for the future. Mike also performed his Mentalism Motorcycle illusion (hypnotic blindness) he performed on Phenom...and I gotta tell you...it got an AMAZING amount of GASPS from the audience.

If you've not seen his show, I highly suggest it.
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of markmiller
I very much enjoyed Mike on Phenomenon and look forward to seeing him live one of these days.
MikeSuper
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of MikeSuper
Thanks Greg, You're a good friend... You're also the only magician I know that makes cavities disappear. lol (Try booking some shows man! Smile)
How many times do I have to tell you that the dentistry thing will never last! Smile j/k

And thanks to Mark for your kind words! Much appreciated!

Walter is amazing and has given so much to the magic community! He deserves many more accolades!
He's amazingly generous! My hat is STILL off to you Walter!

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Mike Super Autsin TX show. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL