We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » PK Ring Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I have seen and heard a lot about PK rings and the magic that goes along with it. I have a nice PK ring that came with a cap through bottle trick that I bought a few years ago. Other than the cap through bottle trick and using it for Enlightenment once in a while, I never use it. Do I have something that I can do much more with? I am starting to get very interested in levitations and PK type things, I just don't know where to start. I know if some people read my earlier posts you may be like "which direction is this guy going in, he asks about something different every day!!!" and I'm sorry if I'm annoying anyone. I just eat, sleep, and breathe magic. I just performed "NFW" and "Two Dollar Window" to 4 different people at work today and the reactions just made my day. I'm 38 years old, getting married at the end of August to my beautiful Ficnce and have an awsome 3 year old son. So my time for magic is limited. So I apologize for going off in a million directions when I ask questions. But I really do want to start PK and Levitation stuff. I think have way too many card tricks.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3645 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I have several PK rings, and like you, don't use them for much. I do a cap in a bottle, and sometimes I'll stop watches. I don't think they're as versitle as most people think.

I was using one for the Scorpion effect, but now use a different method.

Jim
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
Randi Raine put out some material a couple of years ago that is supposed to have a nice variety.
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
Quote:
On 2009-05-07 08:15, jimhlou wrote:
...and sometimes I'll stop watches...
Jim

The magi stopping my rolex with a PK magnet could find that was their last trick.

Ever ! Smile

Seriously, you can badly damage a watch with a PK magnet.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3645 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Yes, this is true. But I would never do this on a Rolex, or any other expensive watch. It seems to work fine on the Timex watches, etc.

Jim
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Last year I went into my local magic shop (home leave in the UK) and spent two hours during a quiet bit of the day playing with all of the magnetic tricks in stock. Some were very limited. The PK ring seemed to be the best bet with THREE tricks. I bought one and have not used it in real performances yet, but still practice the routines I devised there. Friends are amazed as coins move across a table etc. I just wish it was more powerful. I have some other magnets that can be finger palmed that are.

Last week-end I was talking to an Argentine Magician who revealed he used it for levitations of Italian made floating tables. Really anything that is light-weight can be gimmicked to rise. But you may have to make them yourself because of the popularity of IT, which seems to be it's main competitor.

Try doing a web-search, or check big sites like lybrary.com for books.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
May I suggest The Wizared PK Ring DVD from World Magic Shop Production. It has some interesting ideas. World Magic Shop has several DVDs on PK rings including one on doing a bill switch. You may not be able to vanish an elephant with the ring but you can do some amazing magic in front of lay people. Check out World Magic Shop for some good ideas. I bought two of their DVDs and love them.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
Koolmagic114
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I agree the ok DVD is a good source for dome different effects. From what I recall there is kind of a lot of repitition on the DVD. Such as the effects kind of being the same outcomes.

There is also a small spiral book out called telekenisis forgot who this was by and I am not home to check but it is all ok magic.

Max Maven also had a nice effect in his focus book using a magnetic ring. I have also heard randi rainn
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
It makes coins across much easier using the ring and one magnetic coin along with the regular coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » PK Ring Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL