The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » BANG by Smoky Mountain Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Professor DoDad
View Profile
New user
Cleveland GA
83 Posts

Profile of Professor DoDad
Has anyone used BANG by Smoky Moutain Magic? Looks like a fun routine. How did it go over for you? Easy set and space?

Thanks for your help!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Erm ..... no!

Seems a bit ..... erm........ well ......

That’s all I can say! And it is unusual for me not to have anything to say!

Here is the link if anyone wants it.........

http://www.smmagic.com/illusions/bang/index.htm

My personal opinion is save your $500 and get some proper escape stuff from Cannons:- http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com .... other quality escape suppliers available.....eg Pastor Clyde, Fetters (although don’t get distracted on their site Smile ) and erm....... Oh Jay Leslie....(avoid Dixie Doolie ...... Do you want to buy his DVDs I have a set going lol Smile )
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
The suspense is....uh...UNpalpable...!
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Looks good for a family night, school show..... wouldn't want to do anything too dangerous. But I would think that you could blow up a balloon that's on your side table (attached to a crate), stand behind it, put on a tattered costume, break the balloon... and save a few hundred.

Something I learned many moons ago. People do not want to buy a prop they can make themselves. Just look in the workshop section, there are plenty of people who aspire to build illusions that are very complicated.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
It would probably be more amusing if you were bound under the balloon, and it was a WATER BALLOON.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Lol... maybe acid... THERE's your penelty for failure!

Actually "The Acid Test" effect has some methodology that could be modified to have a safe way of presenting this. In place of Dunk Tanks,there is now a water balloon holder with a puncturing device that is suspended over the victom's chair. The people throw balls at the target but it could easily be retrofitted with a fake timer.
Ray Pierce
aboycemagic
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aboycemagic
I could only see this in a kid's show
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Aboyce Magic - is that teh original version or the one that WDI suggested with the acid?

I guess if you are using acid you could use it withing a science show! Smile And you could do the safety aspects of using acid and why you should NOT shower in it!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
That's.... a.... rhetorical question................ right, Dave? You wouldn't really recommend that someone use anything really dangerous around an audience.

D. Yes, Jay. It was Rhetorical

J. O.K... Good Dave. Because if someone started a school show and used this idea....... and the balloon broke............ someone might come looking for the person who thought up the idea, even if it's just water that came out.

D. I agree, Jay. Which is why I have a decided to remind people not to try this.

J. We'll Dave, You know how much I try to look out for you guys. I would never do anything to put you in a compromising position (like other acquaintances who are capable of contemplating such common place wind-ups; and I'll tell you - It will most assuredly lead nowhere..... probably).

D. Thanks' Jay. I'm glad you are my friend. I appreciate you're looking out for me.

J. No problem, Dave.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Holy carp! When did you become clarievoyent? That was the exact discussion that I was about ot have with you!
I was defenityl joking! Hence the smiley face.

And what exactly do you know about wind ups? Smile

And yes ia m really GLAD you are my freind.

Dave
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Anyone out there in Café Land bought this yet?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I was going to be sarcastic but I decided to go for homesty:-

I didn't.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I think SMM is the only site I've ever seen, that sells slapsticks. They seem appropriate to this conversation.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Slap sticks? I have been looking for those in the plural for ages. Do they also do tickling sticks, dip sticks and lollypop sticks too?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ok I thought you were joking and doing one of those pun things …… but they really do sell slap sticks http://www.smmagic.com/oddsends/ . I like the line” without making much actual
contact” Smile
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Is this crap for real,,,,c`mon does anyone spend money on rubbish like this ???? If so then there is more than just one sucker born every minet.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I bet there are some people out there who have bought it. although it was not me .... no really I didn't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » BANG by Smoky Mountain Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL