The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wayne Houchin Art of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
MoJoe13
View Profile
New user
Joplin, Mo.
43 Posts

Profile of MoJoe13
Freshly posted on the Ellusionist blog is some info about a new project from Wayne Houchin.

Short version: Ellusionist is proud to be affiliated with Wayne Houchin for the release of this influential and important project. Instead of doing a single effect, however, Houchin has put together a DVD packed with effects, instruction and thoughts on the state of magic today.

More info and a trailer can be found here: http://blog.ellusionist.com/coming-soon-......f-magic/
Joe Hadsall
Ellusionist, Content Developer
blog.ellusionist.com
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." ~Capt. Malcolm Reynolds
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
I thought Wayne was with Theroy 11??
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Profile of TravisRobertson
Same here. Now Im really confused....
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
Crimson-Death
View Profile
New user
Since 2006
88 Posts

Profile of Crimson-Death
As long as it's good. I like what Houchin has to offer.
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's good to see Wayne releasing material. He's such a creative force and has an impact on the magic world.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
The production company politics are confusing, but I'm happy to see the trend tilt back towards multi-trick DVDs.
bhayankaran
View Profile
Regular user
India
146 Posts

Profile of bhayankaran
Now that's something nice to wait for!!
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Yes, I would prefer to see the Art of Magic on theory11 website instead on ellusionist. the material has to be good so its a shame that any 12 year old will have acceess to such strong material.

I will definetely order it direct from wayne houchin at: http://www.waynehouchin.com/
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Killermagic80,
Are you kidding?
With all due respect....
Who do you think makes up a large percentage of the Theory11 member base?
The same age demographic as over at Ellusionist. That's just the way it is.

Respectfully,
Rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1233 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
It's a shame a 12 year old will have access why? Is he gonna kill anyone?
If I were 12 again Smile I would love to get my hand on good stuff.

Hope every kid that want to learn magic as access to good stuff, the interested ones will continue to do it and some will be great entertainers, creators and will put a smile on peoples faces.

Respectfully,
Elcio
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
People sometimes are scared that the 12 year olds(not every 12 year old qould do it) are going to buy the dvd (or even worse download it illegaly of a torrent or something like that) and then expose/reveal the tricks on youtube. But hey theres nothing we can do. Smile

No matter where wayne sells the dvd there's always going to be 12 year olds that are going to buy it. I have hope that even some of them will take the dedication to actually practice what's in it and perfect it. (Even though that's not always the case)

Anyway that's just my two flipper coins (haha get it? flipper/cents advice? HAHA I'm hilarious) on the topic.

Respectfully,
Ricardo
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Rochaz first I didn't know that theory11 has the same age demographic as ellusionist.

Elcio dodnt be too romantic and ironic. yes I thought he might kill someone, and oh yes when he groes up he will put smile on our grandchildren face! come on guys try to undersatnt my point please.

all I want to say is that this material is too good to be on websites that children have access just for curiosity or don't take magic seriously, which is true on the particular website. (yes there are serous people as well there)

again try to understant what I am saying

thank you
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Killermagic80
My apologies if my post came across a little gruff.

I truly share your concerns, it's just that it's a lot easier to not worry about it too much.
But as Rpascual mentioned....we can always hope! Smile

Respectfully,
Rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1905 Posts

Profile of ted french
I think Elcio is correct, I personally want good magic in the hands of 12 year olds or anyone just getting into magic. It is my own personal opinion that they should start with something like Royal Road to Card Magic or Bobo but I think wayne will steer them in the right direction. BTW Wayne is one of the nicest guys in magic I have met he really earns the business he gets so buy it direct at http://www.waynehouchin.com and fully support the creator.
P3
practice practice perform.
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Oh yes I cannot agree more Ted on what you say about supporting the creator. yes its good as you say 12 year old children to have good magic as long as they are serious about the art.

also don't forget that royal road to card magic, bobo, tarbel, etc at the time where not that accessible. so only the people who would really be interested would search and find them! that's the difference.
now every curious layman, heckler or anyone who hates magicians or anything have access to those good sources...

rochaz thank you for your understanding!

sorry if I sound a bit worried! is not that! and often when I come across such things with laymen I downplay it. I just express my thoughts and feelings in a forum of people who love the art of magic!

thanks again!
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Quote:
On 2009-05-12 16:24, killermagic80 wrote:
all I want to say is that this material is too good to be on websites that children have access just for curiosity or don't take magic seriously, which is true on the particular website. (yes there are serous people as well there)

Like this website for example then?

Everyone needs to take their heads out of whatever sandpit they've stuck them in.

The same kidz that most people bash E for are on T-11, Penguin, Murphys, Hocus Pocus and....here.

I see the same names and the same dumb posts from the same people everywhere I go (and yes...I freely admt that some would cast me in there as well...ha) so if you guys think that The Magic Café is 'underground' and only for 'real magicians' then I think you should start to worry. The same google searches for magic take the same people to all the same places...this being one of them.

How do you think I found y'all?

Steph (aged 6 and 3 quarters)
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Rabid you havent understant what we are talking about.

we didn't mention wether magic Café is underground or not.
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Yes I have.
To complain about sites where 12 year olds are the main demographic is to ignore how many children - both in mind and body - frequent all magic sites...including this one.

And for the record, there is more indirect exposure on here than any other place I've visited, so the 12 yr olds that snoop about get a much better understanding of what goes into tricks discussed here, therefore equaling out against the 12 yr olds that buy magic on other sites. One comes onto a place such as this and is exposed to discussions on magic and adverts leading them to all kinds of magic related places...that was my point. To keep magic away from 12 yr olds, one would have to password protect all magic sites including this one. I actually think that would not be such a bad idea (in much the same way that one has to know the name of a famous magician to gain entry to the magicians area on Derren Brown's site).

Bit over the top? Possibly.

Anyway...this WH DVD does sound like it could be pretty interesting based on his previous work.

Apologies for the 'underground' remark by the way...I was being facetious.

Steph
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
The main effect on the DVD was demoed at the Magic Café by Wayne himself a few weeks ago. The effect is basically a borrowed ring is placed in an envelope and completely vanishes only to appear on a spectators necklace. He then proceeds to take the necklace off and remove the ring. It's that good. A magician fooler too.
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
My Magic Café I mean Magic Castle ;P
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wayne Houchin Art of Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL