The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Does Dai Vernon not like the faro shuffle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kaiservonshizer
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of kaiservonshizer
Quote:
On 2009-05-12 12:07, Thomas Wayne wrote:
Didn't say it was good for the game, just said I've seen it.

As for semantics, there are in-faros, out-faros, partial faros... and faros with error(s). I'm pretty sure the vast majority of card men would understand and agree that "faro" is more commonly used to describe a weave accomplished without a riffle, rather than being constrained only to a perfect interweave. Otherwise - apparently according to you - a faro shuffle with a single error immediately ceases being a faro shuffle and becomes... what?

TW

you got me..... a shuffle?
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
The Faro Shuffle takes some to get down, but you can do so much things with it! I'm sure The Professor understood this.
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
When performing A Match Made in Cincinnati Vernon used a Faro shuffle.
Jeff Hinchliffe
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, ON Canada
280 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hinchliffe
On page 93 of Harry Riser's 'Secrets of an Escamoteur' there's a section of the page devoted to discussing Vernon's thoughts on the faro shuffle...
Pick a card, any card...
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
Quote:
On 2009-05-12 12:07, Thomas Wayne wrote:
Didn't say it was good for the game, just said I've seen it.

As for semantics, there are in-faros, out-faros, partial faros... and faros with error(s). I'm pretty sure the vast majority of card men would understand and agree that "faro" is more commonly used to describe a weave accomplished without a riffle, rather than being constrained only to a perfect interweave. Otherwise - apparently according to you - a faro shuffle with a single error immediately ceases being a faro shuffle and becomes... what?

TW

...a shuffle.

I'm certainly no expert on card magic, it's not my forte.
I was at a Michael Close lecture and he was teaching the Faro. Some one said to him that they could do Faro shuffle but didn't get all the cards interweaved. He said "well that's not a Faro shuffle, that's just a shuffle"
He went on to explain that Faro shuffling is when you perfectly interweave all the cards. Obviously if you only needed to interweave the top or bottom stock, it would be a partial Faro.

I'm sure there must be a name for the genuine shuffle that a Faro resembles but I certainly don't know what it is!

Best,
Neal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Does Dai Vernon not like the faro shuffle? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL