The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Identity (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
If you pre-order you are still getting it before anyone else, no matter how long its delayed.

Maybe some people on this forum should actually step out in to the real world, and they might realise that delays do happen. All it takes is for one small thing to happen and a whole prject can be put back a week.

Im getting so fed up with all the children on here moaning about it. If he hasn't sent out a email out why not email him instead of coming on here. Get a life and deal with it!

Darius
Magicsharpie1
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Magicsharpie1
Says on his website that it will be shipped on the 17th, which is tomorrow
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Quote:
On 2009-06-16 16:58, MagicMcQuade wrote:
If he hasn't sent out a email out why not email him instead of coming on here. Get a life and deal with it!




If you've ever tried emailing Richard you'd know why I've come on The Café - he doesn't reply to emails. At least he never has to any of mine!

I've read a few other people on here say the same thing, so at least I know its not just me!

AP.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2315 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I am not so concerned about the delay but about the availability of replacement Gaffs which are obviously in short supply right now due to USPC policy. Although the Gaff is not destroyed in the performance we all know how long a playing card will last before it becomes bent, frayed, etc. Because of this I have generally only used Gaffs that could be replaced a deck at a time. For instance the Ellusionist Gaff deck seemed like a poor value to me. If your favorite gaff was destroyed it could not be replaced individually. I have a small stockpile of various cards but doubt I will ever have the time to construct my own and hope they become available again soon.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Dear Richard,

I'm in absolutely no hurry whatsoever & trust you 99% (just keeping that real).
If you need to delay my pre-order for whatever reason...so be it.
And if you would like to bump my pre-order to the back of the line so as to stop some of the others from freaking out...have at it.
Get to my pre-order whenever.
Hope all continues as re-planned.

peace, charlie
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
Quote:
On 2009-06-16 16:58, MagicMcQuade wrote:
If you pre-order you are still getting it before anyone else, no matter how long its delayed.

Maybe some people on this forum should actually step out in to the real world, and they might realise that delays do happen. All it takes is for one small thing to happen and a whole prject can be put back a week.

Im getting so fed up with all the children on here moaning about it. If he hasn't sent out a email out why not email him instead of coming on here. Get a life and deal with it!

Darius


A message board is a place to voice your opinion. Not all of it has to be sunshine and rainbows. If someone is disappointed, let them speak without the insults. The people who have been vocal about their disappointments are not overly exaggerating this as being a world crisis. So please...stop blowing it out of proportion. Simple suggestions, concerns and well...disappointment. There were different ways this delay could have been handled regardless of the fact "Stuff happens". It is not so much what you cannot do, but what you can do. Everyone understands obsticals...it is how the seller handles them that will impress you as a customer.... or not. So far...as great of a magician as Sanders may be, no matter how much people describe him as a stand up guy...I can say service and communication at this point is less than impressive on the retail side.
Just my thoughts. Take them as you may.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2703 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Here's the full email from Richard Sanders and it's great news!



Hi Guys,


As promised here is the FINAL UPDATE regarding Identity.

I just received the final DVDs...in my own hands...earlier today!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile
So, Identity finally ships tomorrow (June 17)...yaaa!!!!

Sorry for all the delays.

I wish I could have controlled all of this craziness but this was out of my hands as the Bicycle Playing Card Company has been very difficult to deal with during this period.
Through much persistence, I managed to use every resource I could muster up to get the necessary gimmicks to include with the effect.

If you have ever purchased from me before, you know that I always stand by my deadlines regarding releases but due to the unforeseen circumstances regarding the gimmicks for Identity, everything was delayed.

Do not expect this type behavior with other Sanders FX products.

Thank you again for your patience and your support...you rock!!!!!

Your DVD will be mailed out tomorrow.

Again, I thank you so much for your patience, your support and your business.

Best Regards,

Richard Sanders

Sanders FX
Unbelievable Magic
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hello guys,

First, thanks for all the fantastic support here on the Café!!!

I have been working very hard to get Identity out to you in a timely manner but again, as mentioned numerous times here on the Café, it has been an absolute nightmare trying to get the necessary gimmicked cards for the effect.

By every means possible and using every resource that I could muster up, I managed to get my hands on the cards...and trust me this was no easy feat!

I have maintained close contact with all my subscribers, keeping them abreast of all the issues throughout the experience.

I peeked in at the Café when I could, in order to see what information was available to you and to make sure that you were also well informed as to the situation at hand.
I personally want to thank all the people here on the Café that have so kindly made everyone aware of the situation as best they could...you guys rock!!!
I sincerely appreciate all your help.

So, the FINAL WORD is this:

Identity finally arrived today!!!!!!!!!!
It will be shipped out tomorrow (June 17th).

Check your magic shops in a week or so for availability.
If you pre-ordered from Sanders FX you will have already received word on expected dates of delivery via email.

I hope you enjoy the product, there is a ton of information crammed onto the DVD so be sure to take it all in.

Thank you again for your support here on the Café!!!!!

Best Regards,

Richard Sanders
mimo67
View Profile
Elite user
France
413 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Great news, thanks a lot Richards, the wait will be over soon then ! We all appreciate your efforts here I think...
Best
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2009-06-16 23:51, johndraws wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-16 16:58, MagicMcQuade wrote:
If you pre-order you are still getting it before anyone else, no matter how long its delayed.

Maybe some people on this forum should actually step out in to the real world, and they might realise that delays do happen. All it takes is for one small thing to happen and a whole prject can be put back a week.

Im getting so fed up with all the children on here moaning about it. If he hasn't sent out a email out why not email him instead of coming on here. Get a life and deal with it!

Darius


A message board is a place to voice your opinion. Not all of it has to be sunshine and rainbows. If someone is disappointed, let them speak without the insults. The people who have been vocal about their disappointments are not overly exaggerating this as being a world crisis. So please...stop blowing it out of proportion. Simple suggestions, concerns and well...disappointment. There were different ways this delay could have been handled regardless of the fact "Stuff happens". It is not so much what you cannot do, but what you can do. Everyone understands obsticals...it is how the seller handles them that will impress you as a customer.... or not. So far...as great of a magician as Sanders may be, no matter how much people describe him as a stand up guy...I can say service and communication at this point is less than impressive on the retail side.
Just my thoughts. Take them as you may.


Speaking of "Blowing things out of proportion". You seem to have done a pretty good job of that yourself.

I have received multiple e-mails from Richard concerning the delay with Identity. It seems that you may be the only one who didn't. And besides, Its only two weeks late. Its a good thing that we still don't live in the days of "Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery". You would have hung yourself after the first month.

Richard, Please push my name back on the list so that you can get the DVD's out to the impatient little kids.

Some people need to get a grip.

V.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2315 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Richard, thanks for the update. If you are able and willing to comment, do you have any insight from the USPCC as to the future availability of replacement Gaffs? Do you think this a temporary glitch or a long term problem? I realize that one is not destroyed with each performance but cards are cards and I assume we get one (or a few) with the package. Thanks for any insight.
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
That's great news!

Thanks Richard for your insight.

- Jason
Image
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6920 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Okay, seriously, I am not asking this to be a jerk, but what do people do with their gaffs that give them such short shelf lives? I have literally been using the same gaffed card for my effect Cagey for over four years. Okay, so the edges might be a little brown but it's barely noticeable. I keep it in a wallet when I'm not using it. I have used it in all sorts of performing environments, it's even gotten slightly wet a few times. But once it dries, it's totally fine.

I don't know. I've never really had to replace a gaff. I curious as to how other people's stuff gets worn out. is it a storage thing? A climate thing? I mean, if a card gets warped because of heat, it's easy enough to stick it in a book overnight. Just curious.

BTW, I am VERY excited to check out this effect!
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
On 2009-06-17 16:06, Cameron Francis wrote:
Okay, seriously, I am not asking this to be a jerk, but what do people do with their gaffs that give them such short shelf lives? I have literally been using the same gaffed card for my effect Cagey for over four years. Okay, so the edges might be a little brown but it's barely noticeable. I keep it in a wallet when I'm not using it. I have used it in all sorts of performing environments, it's even gotten slightly wet a few times. But once it dries, it's totally fine.

I don't know. I've never really had to replace a gaff. I curious as to how other people's stuff gets worn out. is it a storage thing? A climate thing? I mean, if a card gets warped because of heat, it's easy enough to stick it in a book overnight. Just curious.

BTW, I am VERY excited to check out this effect!


some of us are cursed with very sweaty hands...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14055 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Voldemort wrote:"Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery"

Ahhhh, memories, memories! I fondly remember those bygone days well!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2315 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Since I have been pretty vocal about the replacement cards and since I have a whole bunch of Cameron's DVDs and am a fan I am happy to have the opportunity to answer. Mostly I lose them, I throw them out by accident, they get sweaty from my hands or my pockets, I forgot where I put them, I put them in with my Skinner Monte cards and then can't find them again. I don't know where my "Stickman" set is. A careful, organized person could certainly keep their cards in good condition. I am an amateur and probably more careless with inexpensive props then a professional. I have spare "Extreme Burn" gimmicks, plenty of thumb tips, UV nightshade shims, etc. OK, I'm a grown man but I'm watching "Never Back Down" on cable the other night and who shows up as an ER Doc?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6920 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Sweaty hands! Now, that makes sense. Didn't even think about it. Yes, that would shorten the life of a frequently used card a bit.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1648 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I suffer from sweaty pockets... aint life a B*tch!
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
Quote:
On 2009-06-17 00:54, Richard Sanders wrote:
Hello guys,

First, thanks for all the fantastic support here on the Café!!!

I have been working very hard to get Identity out to you in a timely manner but again, as mentioned numerous times here on the Café, it has been an absolute nightmare trying to get the necessary gimmicked cards for the effect.

By every means possible and using every resource that I could muster up, I managed to get my hands on the cards...and trust me this was no easy feat!

I have maintained close contact with all my subscribers, keeping them abreast of all the issues throughout the experience.

I peeked in at the Café when I could, in order to see what information was available to you and to make sure that you were also well informed as to the situation at hand.
I personally want to thank all the people here on the Café that have so kindly made everyone aware of the situation as best they could...you guys rock!!!
I sincerely appreciate all your help.

So, the FINAL WORD is this:

Identity finally arrived today!!!!!!!!!!
It will be shipped out tomorrow (June 17th).

Check your magic shops in a week or so for availability.
If you pre-ordered from Sanders FX you will have already received word on expected dates of delivery via email.

I hope you enjoy the product, there is a ton of information crammed onto the DVD so be sure to take it all in.

Thank you again for your support here on the Café!!!!!

Best Regards,

Richard Sanders


I sent a reply to the e-mail your forwarded to all. I hope you give it a read.

Quote:
On 2009-06-17 08:36, Voldemort wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-16 23:51, johndraws wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-16 16:58, MagicMcQuade wrote:
If you pre-order you are still getting it before anyone else, no matter how long its delayed.

Maybe some people on this forum should actually step out in to the real world, and they might realise that delays do happen. All it takes is for one small thing to happen and a whole prject can be put back a week.

Im getting so fed up with all the children on here moaning about it. If he hasn't sent out a email out why not email him instead of coming on here. Get a life and deal with it!

Darius


A message board is a place to voice your opinion. Not all of it has to be sunshine and rainbows. If someone is disappointed, let them speak without the insults. The people who have been vocal about their disappointments are not overly exaggerating this as being a world crisis. So please...stop blowing it out of proportion. Simple suggestions, concerns and well...disappointment. There were different ways this delay could have been handled regardless of the fact "Stuff happens". It is not so much what you cannot do, but what you can do. Everyone understands obsticals...it is how the seller handles them that will impress you as a customer.... or not. So far...as great of a magician as Sanders may be, no matter how much people describe him as a stand up guy...I can say service and communication at this point is less than impressive on the retail side.
Just my thoughts. Take them as you may.


Speaking of "Blowing things out of proportion". You seem to have done a pretty good job of that yourself.

I have received multiple e-mails from Richard concerning the delay with Identity. It seems that you may be the only one who didn't. And besides, Its only two weeks late. Its a good thing that we still don't live in the days of "Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery". You would have hung yourself after the first month.

Richard, Please push my name back on the list so that you can get the DVD's out to the impatient little kids.

Some people need to get a grip.

V.



I have a higher standard. I don't appologize for it. If you read MY OWN thread on this...you would see I have been level headed as well as constructive. You would have also read my situation on the "multiple" e-mails and why I did not receive them. Please don't be infintile...understanding comes only after listening.

On the flip side of this...not to be cocky but...I speak through experience. Distibution is what I do for a living. We deal with everything mentioned previously and so much more. The difference is we deal with it in much larger volumes.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
I'm being infantile? Compared with the guy who freaks out over not getting his new toy NOW, NOW, NOW!! Give me a break man.

It seems that your only purpose in starting "Your" thread was to give yourself something to do. As good a place as any to throw a tantrum I guess.

And on the flip side... Richard does NOT work in distribution. He is a magician.

V.

P.S. I take it the level of education needed for "Distribution" is not that high. You Know... Seeing as how you can't even spell the word correctly.

P.P.S. Has it occurred to you that you seem to be the only one here with any sort of problem? What does that say about you? I wonder if you know.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Identity (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL