The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Guerilla Guide to Loops or Mesika Loops DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shpf100
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of shpf100
I like loops but only know a few basic effects and was wondering what those who have both sets of DVDs would get to start with. Also if you think getting both is worth the extra cost or is there a lot of overlap?
shpf100
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of shpf100
I know this should be in the dvd section but anyone have any info?
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
372 Posts

Profile of Bill
Depends what you're looking for. The Mesika DVD's are more information and pretty basic tricks. But you're learning from Finn Jon, the creator of loops. They also have a companion DVD called Reflections that deal with the loops reflecting light.

The Guerilla Guide is put out by Ellusionist. Which means lots of fluff, street-grunge scenes, and shakey camera moves. Some pretty good tricks though, but waaaaay overpriced.

Mesika is the best way to go.
shpf100
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of shpf100
Thanks
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
All the dvd's are good but Bill's comments are pretty accurate.Basic handling is covered really well in all the dvd's but the Mesika twin box also comes with the inner circle card which I have found excellent. If you are already a card worker though, the Guerilla guides do have some impressive tricks with Loops that will add an edge to the standard card routines but beware , for best results order a Black Tiger Deck at the same time!!!!!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3981 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The material and insights on the Mesika DVD set is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the Guerrilla Guide to Loops DVDs.
tbone81
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of tbone81
Bill is right on the money, go with Mesika.
acedrew
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of acedrew
I've been a magician forever now but I'm not so much familiar with the term "loop"

Is a loop the light blue skinny piece of thread that is used in many tricks like the floating dollar, The hummer card, ad the haunted deck?

I would like to know because I cant imagine making a dollar move off and on with a piece of string!

pleez relpy
cmdash24
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of cmdash24
Yes, loops are kinda like IT's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Guerilla Guide to Loops or Mesika Loops DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL