The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Need help evaluating false shuffle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Silva
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John Silva
I've been working on a false shuffle based on the Heinstein shuffle. I haven't had time to master it yet and I'm still thinking about adding a few things to it. I need an opinion on it from someone who's familiar with the Heinstein shuffle and other in the hands false riffle shuffles. I don't really want to post it here specially since it's not completed yet. If someone would be willing to volunteer for this gruesome task I would be very thankful.

John Silva
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Show it to Ben Train; he's a member here.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Lol.

Why me? Show it to Karl!

Karl@KarlKoppertop.com

All the best,
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
The Heinstein shuffle is a good sleight. Why do you feel the need to modify it? I am not asking because I want to know, but maybe that question can help you illuminate the issue?

Michael
John Silva
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John Silva
I have shown it to vinny and he says it looks very good so I've decided to work on this shuffle. I'll show the results once I've perfected it.
John Silva
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John Silva
Well I have showed the shuffle to Karl and explained the basic mechanics behind it. He is a very helpful and friendly guy. He told me what he thinks of my shuffle which helped me to improve it. He said that I would have a great shuffle if I could reduce the tension in my hands when I'm performing the shuffle. This can be solved through practice. It will take some time before I can master this technique.
I think this shuffle will help me a lot in magic since I can use it in any situation (Standing/at the table).
Anyway I just wanted to express my thanks to Ben Train. Showing it to Karl was the best thing I could have done.
John Silva
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
You should also look into the truffle Shuffle by Derek Delgaudio.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 11:49, JTW wrote:
You should also look into the truffle Shuffle by Derek Delgaudio.

The best in hand riffle shuffle in my opinion (for table work, I vote for the Zarrow)
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
John Silva
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John Silva
I'm familiar with the truffle shuffle. I bought it from dananddave a while ago. I think it's an excellent shuffle. Since I was so used to the heinstein shuffle back then I never really trained. Funny thing is that altough I spent countless hours perfecting my heintein shuffle I can't perform it anymore. I think it's because I've grown accustomed to my shuffle.
I do have a question about the truffle shuffle. Can it be done at the table and still look deceptive?

John Silva
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Yes.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Need help evaluating false shuffle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL