The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vegas show advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Marcel.Allen.van.Bulck
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Marcel.Allen.van.Bulck
This is great feedback! Thanks, everyone!
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
http://www.dymondsmagicrevue.com/upcoming.html

Its a great show... and only $20.00

I'll be there at the end of may performing.

-k-
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
I saw the Steven Best show and it was good. It is also a much smaller theater so you are much closer to the action.

Dirk Arthur put on a good show as well, and Lance was classic.

For a good non-magic show, try V The Ultimate Variety Show. There are some good eating places near that show as well.
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
For magic shows here in Vegas, here's what I recommend checking out--

Copperfield
Penn & Teller - very original and unique magic, and thought provoking
Lance Burton - a classic!
Nathan Burton - very high energy, funny, and just a whole lot of fun
Steve Wyrick - some cool illusions you don't often see in a very intimate venue
Criss Angel Believe - one bizarre and twisted show, sit close to the stage

I recommend avoiding Dirk Arthur, but if you want to see "as much magic as humanly possible" you'll want to check out that show as well.

--Jack Smile
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
In order of importance here are my favorite top three Vegas shows: Penn & Teller, Penn & Teller, and Penn & Teller.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Steve Wyricks theatre was the coolest looking one as an entrance. Made me want to go and see the show but not enough time. Lance is great as well as Mac King. Two great performers.

If you want to go and see a Cirque show I highly recommend KA. This is a great show. don't sit two close to the stage cause there is SOOO much going on in that theater you will miss it all.

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Not much magic in his show, but you might consider seeing Amazing Jonathan.
AnthonytheMagic
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of AnthonytheMagic
My 2 cents I would see:
Nathan Burton( he's going to be on America's Got Talent this year!)
David Copperfield
The Dymonds
Steve Dacri...One of the best close-up guys working the strip!!!!
Mac King
Dirk Arthur
On a side note its really awesome to have the wisdom of Ray in this wild community of magicians!!!
If you ever have a chance to see a master at work I would see Ray hands down to all!!!
Anthony
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Well as you can see everyone has teir differant tastes, so go see them all and then you can decide for yourself which ones you enjoyed the most!
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Nathan Burton show is much better live than the short clips on TV>......
This guy really moves quick and keeps the magic up beat and modern..

I'm surprised more Magicians don't take the time to notice this show.

Flamingo Hilton, Afternoon show.

Just my take on Vegas Magic.

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
smooth
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
12 Posts

Profile of smooth
<~~~~ it's Smoothini here

Check out my boy Todd Paul. He's headlining at Hooters last time I checked, and I won't be performing in Vegas until the summer. I did a spot at the Nathan Burton show and I'll tell you that it's a good show. But magicians will probably hate it. If your looking for magic or if your looking for magical entertainment... well, you need to make up your mind. Because a lot of magicians don't know the difference.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
You have to see Cashetta - this is on my list for the end of February when I am back in LV. I was miffed we didn't have time to see Cashetta last time.

We did manage to see Lance Burton and Copperfield and both were outstanding. Copperfield's show seemed more intimate, like amongst friends, but maybe that was because we were front row right next to the stage.
In both cases the shows were full and the audience's reactions were enthusiastic. One poor girl got mobbed outside the theatre after "13", which I found a bit unfair.

We also got to see "KA" which fo a non-magic show is mighty magical! Highly recommended (my only previous live experience of Cirque du Soleil had been at the London Albert Hall and I was etxremely disappointed with that :-( )
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Magic's a Drag starring Cashetta closed.
Zendor
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Zendor
I was in Vegas in middle of November and saw Lance. Was enjoyable. They people I was with liked it. The bad news: it was pretty empty (I suspect the economy and a weekday). Would see him again if I had the chance.

Since I was not out there for magic I did not get to see anyone else (even though I had a free Mac King ticket and a greatly reduced ticket for Nathan Burton).
Stu Turner
View Profile
New user
London
79 Posts

Profile of Stu Turner
I have to agree with Ray and say to see as many shows as you can, no matter how good or bad.

I went years ago on exactly the same mission as you. I was in Vegas for 5 nights and saw 9 shows. 2 a night on 4 of the nights - early and late shows. Lots of dashing around to squeeze them all in.

I saw everything from Siegfried & Roy and Copperfield right down to a $15 show in a tiny back room of a bar. You can always learn from any performer, be they good or bad. It can help you see what works & what doesn't; what makes people laugh and what makes them gasp; what pulls applause and what gets you tutting and sighing in shame.

It can show you many different ways of doing the same effect and also give you ideas on what could work for you.

Take some of the recommendations on here and then take a gamble and book some completely random unknown shows - you'll learn something from all of them.

Have a great time. I know I did.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vegas show advice (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL