The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Which John Riggs device for close up? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Hood
I am having trouble deciding on which John riggs impression device to get, the butterfly, the skeeter or baby hornet. It will be used for close up. I am leaning towards the butterfly but would like to hear some opinions on this, they all look good which do you guys find works better close up?
Thanks
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2830 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
For close up the Butterfly of the three you mention. But you omitted the Moth and that is the one I'd go with.

I like that it is a bit bigger without being too large and allows for the perfect live peek. The others have excellent live peeks. The Moth's is perfect. I really can't say more about that apsect.

It is also more durable and holds more paper so there is a longer time before changing covers. It also looks a bit classier.

And this may just be a matter of chance since there can be variablity (not enough to worry) between all John's IDs, but I find it gets the most reliable imp.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3099 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have found that the Baby Hornet seems to get the best impression for me. The Butterfly didn't do well for me (not sure why--maybe the softer back cover?) The Baby Hornet does better than my Brown Hornet.

I have not tried the Moth, it does look good though.

I think that the variables as Bill mentioned will always play a role in these devices. When you get one that works really well--stay with it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Which John Riggs device for close up? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL