The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Costuming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

macmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
MA
400 Posts

Profile of macmagic
I need some help, I am gearing up for my summer programs this year with an outerspace/starship theme! I am trying to figure out an outfit to wear.....the only thing that keeps pooping into my head is a jumpsuit like astronauts wear....but that's not going to happen as it is wayyyyyy to hot! I am thinking mabye some navy blue cargo shorts and a black polo shirt with some nasa looking pathces on the sleeves?
any ideas?
"Its a magic thing...........you wouldn't understand"
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Star Trek outfit?
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Which type of outer space/starship look...realistic, sci-fi, cartoony...?

NASA?
1960's sci-fi/Jetsons?
Flightsuit? (There are lightweight ones that might work, check your local military surplus store.)
Form-fitting shiny?

Depends on where you go with the style of the show.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Actually the jumpsuits aren't hot at all as they're meant to wear around while working on things. My wife got one when she went to space camp a few years back.

You can get them here http://www.spacecamp.com/community/node/355
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I made a Halloween costume a few years ago. I was a robot! You could invest in something really flashy using todays modern electronics. The costume can be as detailed as you want, depending on your style and budget. With enough creativty, and time, you could make an interactive robot. Of course the robot is just you in a costume!!! I was on roller skates so I could glide instead of walking. I went over the top and it paid off. I have earned 10x what I invested in it. Local businesses like to hire me as a human billboard. The pic doesn't really show off the animations of all the blinkies and EL products. Use just a hat with glowwire instead of a helmet. I had a voice changer and it scared the little ones. I didn't use the helmet much!

my robot costume
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Sorry but magic in shorts won't give a space image. Yes it'll be hot, but last week I complained about spending thirty minutes being filmed in in Kuwait wearing black tie in 48 degrees Celsius!!!!

Now all my shows for the remainder of the summer here will be in a/c buildings or in a branded polo shirt and matching long trousers. These are my travelling clothes so people are used to see me wearing them, and there are videos on my site of me in them as well. So no surprise, it's hot I'm outside I wear my summer uniform!!

NASA wear similar garments in space and on the ground. If you have a few patches from SST programs it helps set the scene. On mine I've got the UK flag and two magician's apprentice logos (one large on back, a small one on my left chest.)
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
First off payne in a silver jumper I would pay for that. any way I reccomend rennaisance dance wear for such projects Cotton blend strech materials cutom made thtey doe a great job and the fabrick is durable and most important Not too hot.
Other wise I agree with the slacks and Polo with an emblem on a patch.
Believe you then that I do strange things
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Costuming (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL