The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » The Peek Wallet as your every day wallet...Anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RealityIsDeception
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of RealityIsDeception
As my every day wallet, I use the Stealth Assassin peek wallet. For the past two years, I've used this and had some great results. I've heard of Evil Dan's wallets, but I'm not familiar with them. Does anyone here use a peek wallet as your every day wallet? When your talking about magic at a moment's notice, I think, hands down, the peek wallet with a mental prediction is an absolute killer! Any thoughts?

-Anthony Cap. LI, NY
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I have too many things in my regular wallet, so I carry two when expected to perform. My real wallet gets worn after about a year, and I'd would not feel it would be nice looking enough to display when performing.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
tbone81
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of tbone81
I use the Hideout Wallet from Outlaw. I love the fact that I can use it as my everyday wallet, there's no suspicion whatsoever when it's time to use it.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I use the Stealth as an everyday wallet and like that it's a little beat up. Although I initially had problems with the lack of space for bills and receipts, I've adjusted. I have thought of switching to the Hideout although, conversely, I've worried that after getting used to the smaller size of the Stealth that the Hideout may feel too big. Can anyone let me know the measurements of the Hideout?
Dave McFarland
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, OR
184 Posts

Profile of Dave McFarland
My hideout is around 4.5" x 4"
dfeder
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dfeder
Here's my vote for the Stealth Assassin. I've been using my as my every day wallet for over 3 years now. This way I know I can do a solid routine at a moments notice - totally "impromptu"

Dov
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
How are you guys justifying the wallet to your spectators? I've only used the SAW prop when performing for other magicians as they're used to seeing "proppy" objects.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I have a custome made peek wallet that I use as an everyday wallet. Based on the S.U.C.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2009-08-10 02:49, Doug Lippert wrote:
How are you guys justifying the wallet to your spectators? I've only used the SAW prop when performing for other magicians as they're used to seeing "proppy" objects.

Not sure what you mean. I have the SAW and there's no justification. It's my everyday wallet, packed with credit cards, money hanging out. I leave it lying around the house all the time, take it out to pay at restaurants, etc. No one has ever suspected it.
d4m4s74
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of d4m4s74
I used to use my Kaps on Fire wallet as my everyday wallet, with a small change made so I can use the coin slot for coins without destroying the ability to do the standard card to wallet with it.

I only loaded it with lighter fluid if I was planning on going out though

After a while the leather started to come off, so I switched back to a normal wallet.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I use the Jardonnet Kaps on Fire wallet as my everyday wallet. They start to look pretty beat up after about a year.I then replace it. That's $40.00 per year to be able to carry a fire wallet, peek wallet and card to wallet. Not a bad investment!
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
I actually carry my wallet(s) in my book bag. I carry a couple with me at all times and pull out what I need when needed. Too fuss Smile and no one is the wiser. Additionally, my pants nor my wallet(s) get wore out quickly!

David
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
What about using your everyday wallet for tricks that other magicians believe to require a tricked wallet: card to wallet was explained by Jean Eugene Robert Houdin for performance with a regular wallet...

An elegant wallet by a fashion designer will always look nicer and the fact that it will gained elegance and patina as it's used on an everyday basis cancels out any potential suspicion by any spectator.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
Having had a hideout wallet for a few wks now, its just as good as a normal wallet as it is a tricked up one. So much space. Stuff it with packet effects, multiple out effects and still have space for your cash and credit cards! And the peek is so so devious. Right in front of their face. Nice!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-08-15 11:00, bugjack wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-10 02:49, Doug Lippert wrote:

Not sure what you mean. I have the SAW and there's no justification. It's my everyday wallet, packed with credit cards, money hanging out. I leave it lying around the house all the time, take it out to pay at restaurants, etc. No one has ever suspected it.

Ringing in a wallet to do mentalism is what I was talking about. Plus, the style of the SAW doesn't look like a regular wallet here in the states.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
Hey Doug - I open the wallet and grab a biz card out, get the spec to draw something, then pop it back in the wallet. Flick over to grab another biz card to dupe the drawing while getting my p*** at the same time. Hope that makes sense! People don't seem to question it. I just don't mention what I'm going to do with the card befoe I do it.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Uh... I'm in the US and I carry the Stealth Assassin wallet in my back pocket as my real wallet everyday. It has credit cards, drivers license, business cards and a couple of reciepts in it (never cash). It looks like my everyday wallet because it is, but it's not tattered, I care for it. I keep a clean wallet and like to keep it as slim as possible. My preference for everyday use is a back pocket wallet instead of a jacket pocket wallet.
In fact, I'm a bit of a wallet snob and I retired a perfectly good and expensive, leather Bally wallet when I switched to this one.
It's a great wallet for everyday use and the peek gimmick is extraordinary! I love this wallet, but I don't need a signed card to wallet type of wallet, because I do Peter Nardi's Extractor and don't need the wallet for a card revelation. Extractor is just too hard to beat and the wallet would dillute the effect - IMO.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » The Peek Wallet as your every day wallet...Anyone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL