The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Revolution ring Flight (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Stephen Tucker, years ago in one of his numerous VHS, came up with a very smart impromptu idea. A normal key ring was kept open by one of the keys' handle in the bunch being placed perpendicularly to the key ring opening (this set up being kept in the pocket).

False transfer the ring TO BE ABLE TO take the bunch of keys out (In Transit Action enabling to quickly load the ring into the key ring) and place the bunch of keys into a spectator's hand made to be closed into a fist.

Seem to initiate the trick by praising some of the ring's specificities as if you were actually looking at it and "showing" the ring at the finger tips (actually behind them) as you now look at the audience.

Cause the magic marking the magic moment.

Create a suspense (like having to abandon your car for the potential loss of the ring).

Reveal the vanish of the ring (increasing the suspense: how will the performer avoid losing his car and the spectator losing her/his ring).

Reveal the arrival of the ring on to the key ring "in the spectator's hand way before the ring disappeared"
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Yeah haha any chance for another group buy?
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
For a group buy, I'm in.
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Hey guys,

I'm happy to do another group buy.

I'll offer the same discount as the last one which is as follows:

£10 discount for 5+ keys
£15 discount for 10+ keys
£20 discount for 20+ keys

If you're interested, email or P.M your name and address to me(dave@fingertipmiracles.co.uk) and I'll add you to the list and post your name here.

We'll give it a month and see what happens.

Regards

Dave Bonsall
http://www.ringflightrevolution.com
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Just another point, I can now provide Ford Fob RFR's this is used on cars like the Mustang. I can have RFRs for the Mini, for Honda, Opel, Chrysler, Toyota Fobs and Hyundai.

They're not on the website yet, so email me if you want to see a photo.

Dave
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Just mail you.
magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Hello this is Gaia from Italy. I'm interested in buying this ring flight but... there's a but. I'm a girl. I see on the performance video that you the keys are kept in the trousers' back pocket, however in the suit I usually perform in I don't have back pockets and my front trousers' pockets are very tight. My Jacket is on the other hand like a male jacket, with pockets outside and inside. I'm always loaded with stuff in my pockets, but if that was not the case, would it be easy and practical to put the keys in my jacket's pockets? I would suspect that the ring might get stuck in the outer pockets, while it could be perhaps better concealed in the inside pocket but then again it might be very fishy to get the hook from there... I'd like to hear your take on this.
Thanks
Gaia
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Anyone receive theirs yet?
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2010-05-01 15:14, Michael Peterson wrote:
A word of advice to all owners of RFR, be sure to check the split ring that attaches the clip before you perform. I went to use it table hopping last night, I borrowed the ring,did the set up & while I'm showing the ring on my finger,it came off the line & I ended up with the ring on my finger attached to the clip.

I detached it & said that I couldn't do what I was planning with that type of ring(I had just done a ring off shoelaces),I just put the clip away & finished my set

I didn't get to put it back together until later, not a big deal.

It's a fantastic item,all my fellow magicians were loving it(as I do).

Looking forward to using it tonight Smile

Mike

Hi Mike.
Use crazy glue to seal the spring on the side that attached to the line.
I never had that problem since I glued the clip to the lip.
I had problems with holding on to lobster claw, I find it very slippery, where as the S binery clip has a better grip.
Tricky Ricky
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Yes Blindside785 just received my Audi key.

No problem for me.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 18:25, TrickyRicky wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-01 15:14, Michael Peterson wrote:
A word of advice to all owners of RFR, be sure to check the split ring that attaches the clip before you perform. I went to use it table hopping last night, I borrowed the ring,did the set up and while I'm showing the ring on my finger, it came off the line and I ended up with the ring on my finger attached to the clip.

I detached it and said that I couldn't do what I was planning with that type of ring(I had just done a ring off shoelaces), I just put the clip away and finished my set

I didn't get to put it back together until later, not a big deal.

It's a fantastic item, all my fellow magicians were loving it(as I do).

Looking forward to using it tonight. Smile

Mike

Hi Mike.
Use crazy glue to seal the spring on the side that attached to the line. I never had that problem since I glued the clip to the lip. I had problems with holding on to lobster claw, I find it very slippery, where as the S binery clip has a better grip.
Tricky Ricky

I just do a check before using it since then and I too prefer the s clip Smile

GREAT product!

Mike
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Received in Seattle yesterday. Very nice piece of work!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I got mine as well here in Olympia, very good product. I found out that Ring Flights aren't really for me. I might give it a couple days though before I really think about sending it back. It's not awful at all, very well produced. Just found out ring flights just might not be for me.
Pat Perry
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pat Perry
Ringflight revolution is great. I like the idea of having different clips to choose. You can even select the "special" key so it fit's your car.

(Unfortunately they had no fitting logo for my Rolls Royce ;-)
atinczor
View Profile
Regular user
New York / Istanbul
113 Posts

Profile of atinczor
Placed an order this morning after talking to Dave on the phone. He is a very nice person to deal with. I have a Mini Cooper Clubman Sport and the RFR I ordered is a Mini Cooper key. I consider myself lucky to get one of the Mini Cooper RFRs. He has very limited quantities and he told me that it is very hard to get hold of.

Cannot wait to receive them.
Will share my comments after I receive them.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have been looking at Ring Flight Revolution for a long time. I currently have both Pro-Flite and Departure but RFR looks to be the granddaddy of them all! The only thing that stops me is that I don’t know that I use ring flight enough to justify buying the absolute best. Of course if I had the best perhaps I would use it a lot more!

Either way I will have to get over my Christmas spending for a bit longer before I can even consider a purchase like this. I do want to thank Dave Bonsall for coming up with such a high quality product and also for standing behind it as well as he apparently does. Post after post after post praising him for his excellent service speaks wonders loud and clear!

I will be there in the not too distant future to get me one of those, Dave!

Thanks!

Jim
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
This products looks excellent , I am sorely tempted . However , I very often perform without a jacket .
Do you think this kind of product can be used without a jacket? I saw another ring flight where the performer wipes the ring with his shirt. No jacket. I imagine the mechanics are the same.
But with a tucked in shirt , what do you think ?

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 2:21pm
Another burning question!
Is it possible for the spectator to take the keys(and ring) from your pocket while your hands remain in front? That would be truly amazing! I understand that ring flights usually require the mage to "finish" by lifting the keyring from his pocket so the ring can complete its journey.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
I suppose it might be possible to perform a ring flight effect without a jacket. But the jacket hides the 'flight', so you'd have to watch your angles and performing with spectators on all sides wouldn't work very well.

As described on the DVD which comes with Ring Flight Revolution, sometimes the ring and clip don't make it all the way into the back pants pocket, another reason why a jacket is helpful. Dave recommends patting your pocket area through the coat as you indicate where your keys are as a way of checking, by feel, to determine if the stuff is still dangling on the outside. If the ring has completed its journey, you could conceivably allow the spectator to reach into your back pocket, but I'm not sure that a stranger would be comfortable doing so. As long as you make it clear that your hand is completely empty before you go for the keys, I don't think it's really necessary to ask an audience member to do this.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Does anyone have a problem with the ring "talking" while in flight in quieter environments?
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2011-02-10 23:36, inigmntoya wrote:
Does anyone have a problem with the ring "talking" while in flight in quieter environments?

I can hear the click when the ring is placed on the clip and the jingle when the flight happens. Some of that is just because I'm aware of the two events. Even so, I sure wouldn't do this trick for one person in a quiet room.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Revolution ring Flight (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL