The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fly your playing cards carry-on! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
Hey everyone... Just a friendly little reminder based on personal experience while flying to my gig in Mexico a couple weeks ago...

I had checked several factory sealed decks of Bee's in my show case. Upon arrival I had discovered that TSA had inspected and searched the case (no biggie, my TSA lock had been set off to tell me it had been opened - and they left the paper notice). Everything was safe and OK... or so I thought... I had brought a couple of factory sealed Bee's both as a back up and to break in for my manip segment while on my time off. I discovered that TSA had used a razor and slit all of the decks open on one of the corners presumably to check and make sure there were actually cards in the boxes. Unfortunately they didn't slice open the corner with the seam, which would have made the box easily repairable.

The bummer is that since they weren't sealed and I didn't notice at first, they are a bit warped due to the humidity, so they'll have to be pressed out.

So if you are traveling with new decks, or care about the cases - better take them carry on!

Keith

P.S. - I am sure there is a Ricky Jay "Cards as Weapons" joke in here somewhere...
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Weird, they opened all your decks? perhaps bringing a couple carry-on next time will be a good idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fly your playing cards carry-on! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL