We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Magic Live .. Night Off?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
So here is the deal, I'll be at Magic Live with some friends. I believe there is some time on Tuesday, August 18 to do so, although I'm not sure as we have no schedule.

I think we have it narrowed down to either Penn & Teller or the Criss Angel Experience.

Your thoughts??

Steve
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
You're joking, right?

Even if you've seen P&T before, they've recently added Teller's performance of the Abbott floating ball trick that he's been working on for years.

You can bet that if I only have time during Magic Live for one outside show, that's the show I'm gonna see.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
That's what I was thinking .. but then there is Criss' show. I've heard so many things about it.

Who knows .. maybe he'll read this and set me up with some comps. At one point he was the "rock" magician in New York and I was the "rock" magician in Chicago .. yet, after all these years ... we never met.

Give me a call Criss ...

Steve
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
744 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I'm the "rock" magician of Branson.......

Just in case you were looking for something other than all of the Country Music S=== that's in this town..

Too bad I'm not still in Vegas or we could hang out Steve.
Your friend,

Taylor Reed
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
CCPCris
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
280 Posts

Profile of CCPCris
I am the rock Magician of..., oh wait, sorry not me. I don't know what I am, I guess the heinz57 magician of Alabama
making the unreal, real...really!
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Let's not forget the original "rock" magician from Ann Arbor Michigan .. Mr. Franz Harary ..

He'll be calling any minute now too ...

Steve
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
The rock magician of Brighton will be there, but rock is something different in the UK - a candy stick with the name written through the length!

Chezeday are you sure there is time out during Magic Live?
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I think there is time on Tuesday evening. They have some sort of close-up show with different times to choose from. In years past there was the opening night gala with the dealers room. Two evening shows, one on Monday and Wednesday.

I've been to the event since it's inception and it's been a blast. Again it's sold-out but there is a waiting list for those who still are interested.

Let's not forget about going to the Abbott's Magic Get-Together. I'm performing this year .. reason enough to head out to the sleepy town of Colon Michigan.

Steve
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
The Grunge Rock magician of Seattle will be at the Penn & Teller show.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Now I'm even more upset that I can't make Magic Live. Dying to meet you Steve. I was there a few months ago and P&T hands down. Angel may not even have a show by then.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Really, I'm not that exciting ...

Steve
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've heard stories from Sperry.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Oh .. well that's different. We've had some crazy adventures. I forget some of the stuff we've done.

Maybe it's time for a book ...

Steve
mantooth
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of mantooth
Go to P&T.. Angel's show sucks... you think you'll enjoy seeing him suck, but it's a LONG two hours filled with frustrations and angry inner monologues in your head...

With P&T, you'll still have an inner monologue, but it will be... BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that!
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
NO contest! P&T all the way!

See you at Magic Live!
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Yep, Penn and Teller. I think this would be money well-spent, even if Angel gives you comps. [Did I say that outloud?] Plenty of time to see Angel at other venues.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Pepe Le Pew
View Profile
New user
Peru
13 Posts

Profile of Pepe Le Pew
So Chezaday, what show did you finally see and how was it ?
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
As expected ... I never heard from Criss but, we did manage to get some half-price tickets for his show that night.

Of course with all the negative reviews about the show .. I had to see it with my own eyes, and lets just say I left dazed and confused. I'm still not sure what I saw .. really.

Earlier in the day I saw Nathan Burton's show at the Flamingo .. and I must say it was a very entertaining show, if not the best afternoon magic show in town.

Steve
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You have to see them all, good or bad, to learn.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2436 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Steve... I did the same thing. I would have loved for you to see P&T just for the pure inspiration to the art, but sometimes we learn as much from the other side. It's sometimes a matter of studying history so as not to repeat it. Next time it's P&T, no excuses!
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Magic Live .. Night Off?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL