The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hand Buffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Once again, Hildebrandt is back with a vengeance.

I was thinking about showing this to my "NLP" advisors but then realized it would be giving away too much.

If someone wants to post a link then go for it.

Awesome stuff. Beautiful book.

D
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Thank you, Don...

This looks nice.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
This IS nice...

Nathan
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Very interesting, thanks for the link.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I really enjoyed this, I freely admit dale and I swop stuff (i do VERY well out of the swopping may I add) and this is my favourite release of his...well, this and Lunarcy...

And the fact Michael Weber wrote the foreword is recommendation enough as far as I'm concerned...
I've asked to be banned
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
I doubt the value of this book.

NLP in general stinks and the sales page for the product certainly stinks.

This is frankly hilarious (and also legally completely worthless - exclamation marks and all):

Quote:
WARNING: PLEASE NOTE: THE AUTHOR, PUBLISHER, EDITOR, SELLER, AND/OR ANYONE ELSE CONNECTED TO THIS BOOK IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, MANNER, OR FORM, SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE INFORMATION IN THIS BOOK! THIS LEAVES YOU, AND ONLY YOU, AS THE SOLE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE MATERIAL IN THIS BOOK! YOU AGREE TO CHECK LOCAL LAWS—AND TO OBEY SAID LAWS AT ALL TIMES--BEFORE IMPLEMENTING THIS MATERIAL! THIS BOOK IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE OR AS HYPNOTHERAPY ADVICE! THIS BOOK IS ONLY FOR INFORMATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES! THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! ONLY THOSE WHO CAN HANDLE POWER IN A RESPONSIBLE MANNER SHOULD EVEN CONSIDER BUYING THIS BOOK! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! BY PURCHASING THIS BOOK YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS!

Having said that, I'm always keen to have my mind changed. At $150 for 30 pages, I'd like to think someone of an advanced level could gleam AT LEAST $5 of value from every one of the pages. Of course anyone who claims they don't will find themself in a bit of a bind because...

Quote:
If you have the appropriate skill levels mentioned above, then you will find things that will enhance your performances and you already understand how valuable such information can be to a person such as yourself.

You might think I'm making these quotes up. I'm not. They are there for all to see on the sales page, and there's plenty more comedy there if you care to read it. It's true... if you don't appreciate the material, it's not Dale's fault... it's yours for not being sufficiently skilled.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Then don't buy it...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
Then don't buy it...

Finally some words of sense.
Dale A. Hildebrandt
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Dale A. Hildebrandt
Hello Don and everybody else who has been respectful and encouraging. Now on to Davit:

Quote:
On 2009-05-16 20:25, Davit Sicseek wrote:
I doubt the value of this book.

But Davit, You doubt everything all the time without any evidence or valuable feedback or any modicum of respect for anyone. So why should we value any post you've ever made as every post you've ever made has been a "flame" to get yourself attention and put down others? (I'm sure your chat experience that Lemniscate called you on is how you pretty much represent yourself all the time online) Now, one could go with Davit and believe what he says. Or you could look at the sales page and see there's a Preface by Jerome Finley and a Foreword by Michael Weber. As well a bunch of quotes from people who've actually seen the contents of the book.

Quote:
NLP in general stinks and the sales page for the product certainly stinks.

This is frankly hilarious (and also legally completely worthless - exclamation marks and all):

NLP "in general" "stinks". Wow, what an informed opinion. As for the sales page, it is not there to make anyone believe in NLP. In fact, if you had the book and read Michael Weber's Foreword you would get a very interesting perspective. The sales page is there to sale books to people who are at a certain skill level that want to "up their game".

Quote:
Having said that, I'm always keen to have my mind changed. At $150 for 30 pages, I'd like to think someone of an advanced level could gleam AT LEAST $5 of value from every one of the pages. Of course anyone who claims they don't will find themself in a bit of a bind because...

Quote:
If you have the appropriate skill levels mentioned above, then you will find things that will enhance your performances and you already understand how valuable such information can be to a person such as yourself.

You might think I'm making these quotes up. I'm not. They are there for all to see on the sales page, and there's plenty more comedy there if you care to read it. It's true... if you don't appreciate the material, it's not Dale's fault... it's yours for not being sufficiently skilled.

If you have the appropriate skill level to use a specific tool, and I teach you different ways to use those tools, then what is wrong with that? If you know how to use a hammer to put a nail into a block of wood, and I teach you how to do something more with that knowledge, then shouldn't it be expected that the person first know how to use a hammer? The skills needed for the items in the book are clearly expressed on the sales page. If you know how to do a sleight, and I teach you how to build a routine with that sleight, do I really have to sit there and teach a sleight that has been taught in several other places and that several people already know, or can I simply say "If you don't know how to do this sleight, this book is not for you."?

PS There are more than 30 pages to the book, due to the inclusion of valuable bonus items.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've often wondered exactly how lonely someone has to be, to get their jollies from being deliberately provocative on a faceless online forum...

opinions are fine, informed opinions even more so...
I've asked to be banned
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Where I come from a 'hand buff' is something one usually does on ones own with the curtains closed. Despite it's popularity I'm not sure there's the need for a book on the subject.

However as it turns out the work is actually called 'Hand Bluffs' which is a relief. (of a different kind Smile )

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Quote:
On 2009-05-17 07:35, Davit Sicseek wrote:
Quote:
Then don't buy it...

Finally some words of sense.

Obviously it isn't for you...

Dale, thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas with the "community".

Some of us appreciate it.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2009-05-17 11:58, Sealegs wrote:
Where I come from a 'hand buff' is something one usually does on ones own with the curtains closed. Despite it's popularity I'm not sure there's the need for a book on the subject.

However as it turns out the work is actually called 'Hand Bluffs' which is a relief. (of a different kind Smile )

Neal

My wife has just removed the cup of tea I was drinking from my hand. I was laughing so much at your post she thought it better she move it away from the laptop. LOL

Back to the topic. This book sounds very interesting indeed.

Davit, sometimes your posts talk sense, mosttimes, they don't, which is a shame.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've just been re-reading the bonus effects DAle's included - I really like the tarot effect...simple and straight forward, looks very natural and in fitting with the tarot; rather than converting a 21 card trick and whacking a tarot deck in with it...

naturalistic is the word maybe..if such a word exists...

I also enjoyed the backslap anchoring...
I've asked to be banned
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Ahhemm... Excuse me but who is Dale A. Hildebrandt? I was looking for videos of him performing and could find none. Any leads?
before parting with 150$ I'd like to see who is the lucky person who's gonna get them.

Nimrod , Israel
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2009-05-17 18:05, nimrod wrote:
Ahhemm... Excuse me but who is Dale A. Hildebrandt?

Nimrod, Dale has previously published the following work: “Hypnohole & Other Absurdities (two editions)”, “Risk & Reward”, “The Dollar Series Volume One”, “The Dollar Series Volume Two”, “Bits and Bytes”, “Other Stuff” Issues One Through Four, “The Collected Other Stuff”, “Other Stuff Bonus Supplement One”, “The Life and Times of B. Bizarre”, “The Square Book of Mentalism”, “Make Your Sales Letters Into Hired Assassins”, “The Prototypes of the Everymen of Magicians”, “A Nite of Dumb Poker”, “Triceratops”, and “Lunarcy”.

These links might also help

https://www.dalemagic.com/

http://dalesden.blogspot.com/

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Thank you Derek for the info but I've already got it from Dale's website. I'm looking for live performances of Dale (or of the effects in the book). This is the only two ways I know to evaluate a mentalism product before buying it. And when so many effects in there rely on presentation and NLP secrets - seeing is believing. I know it saved me lots of money with Knepper.. ;-)

Dale looks like a person with lots of shows behind him, I'm sure putting some live performance clips would help sell the book (or at least help me decide).

Nimrod , Israel
Dale A. Hildebrandt
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Dale A. Hildebrandt
Nimrod, you have assumed so many things in your posts. The first assumption I will deal with is that I want to sell the book TO YOU. I don't. If your criteria are video demos of the material in a book, then you have a very poor criteria for choosing what to read, in my opinion. I don't want your money, and I don't need your money, and I'm not a dancing puppet who is here to meet any demands you have before you buy something. I have a simple answer for you: don't buy the book.

The other assumption I will deal with is that suggestion based material will always translate well to video. If you think that something based entirely in a volunteer's mind is going to make a great video, you are wrong. The only thing you would get out of a video like that are the actual suggestions used and the responses from the volunteer...which would essentially be giving away everything for free.

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Oh Dale-E. Waley, you are conforming to the practices of a snake oil seller beautifully. Is that one of the professions you've studied in your modeling of excellence?

Quote:
NLP "in general" "stinks". Wow, what an informed opinion.

I don't intend to get in to the validity of what NLP is, whether it works/exists and so on. Been done enough times on the pages of this forum alone. I guess we'll have to agree to differ about the value that NLP brings to the world.

My initial criticism of your sales page, that you tactfully avoided replying to was the 'warning' paragraph that details how the information is akin to receiving a machine gun in the post, and a packet of itching powder to place on one's finger. To make matters worse, you decided to cloak with some wannabe legal BS about how you're not responsible for the informations misuse. I find that approach very amusing, I've called people out in the past for it, and will continue to do so in the future. If you think it works for you, if you think it makes your sales page sell books, then good for you... but you gotta take the rough with the smooth. I suggest split testing it too Smile

Quote:
Nimrod, you have assumed so many things in your posts. The first assumption I will deal with is that I want to sell the book TO YOU. I don't. If your criteria are video demos of the material in a book, then you have a very poor criteria for choosing what to read, in my opinion. I don't want your money, and I don't need your money, and I'm not a dancing puppet who is here to meet any demands you have before you buy something. I have a simple answer for you: don't buy the book.

Amusing, but a worrying aggressive post when looked at in relation to Nimrods.

If this is the prospective customer support, I hate to think what the after sales is like. Maybe it's outsourced to an (expertly modeled) mini Dale Smile

On the other hand, I can understand why you are angry. How dare Nimrod ask if there is a video of you performing? He refuses to drink the cool aid and requires you to prove your worth. We must collectively crush him.

Quote:
The other assumption I will deal with is that suggestion based material will always translate well to video. If you think that something based entirely in a volunteer's mind is going to make a great video, you are wrong. The only thing you would get out of a video like that are the actual suggestions used and the responses from the volunteer...which would essentially be giving away everything for free.

So you all of your spectators get the secrets as well when they watch you perform? Sounds really mysterious. Surely you're not just selling a script? Hopefully there is more to this book than 'say this, snap your fingers and give them a cheeky wink and bingo....'

I think the most disastrous assumption has been one of your own making... that people don't see this is a farce and keep their money in their pocket. Still, it seems the book is no longer available, so perhaps that just adds confirms that idiots abound... or maybe just that they know something I don't.

Or maybe it's all just a ruse for the $500 book Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hand Buffs (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL