The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tarot card manufacturers/Printers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

midimuso
View Profile
New user
Cheshire, UK
2 Posts

Profile of midimuso
Hi,

I have a routine with a 'gimmicked' set of Tarot cards, for which I'd like to commercially produce.

As a book/poster/card publsiher, it's never been too hard to find someone/company who can print up strange things!....however, this is just one of those times when I can't find anybody who can help!

So...does any member herein know of a company that will print and gimmick up (the design is not the essence of the cards), a deck of Tarot ( major and minor arcana's)?

Believe me, I've tried nearly everywhere...people say 'No way' or ask me to print up a 20 foot container load...circa 120,000 decks!

Hope someone can help, thanks for your time and efforts.

Mike
MagicCards-Historical magic posters as greeting cards.
http://www.magiccards.org
mailto:design@magiccards.org
(A division of Portrayer Publishers)
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
There are a number of companies that will do custom playing cards for you.

Playcardsindia.com do custom tarot decks, but they have a 2000-deck minimum and don't state their costs online.

Myplayingcards.com only advertises its ability to do custom playing cards -- but they do custom faces as well, so you could conceivably have them do tarot artwork; their costs appear reasonable under the circumstances and they say their minimums are low.

With all that said, are you sure you need cards custom-printed? Or can you gaff existing cards? PM me the particulars and I'll see if I can help.

Good luck!
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
midimuso
View Profile
New user
Cheshire, UK
2 Posts

Profile of midimuso
Hi,

Thanks Necromancer, your efforts and thoughts on the subject are most welcomed and I will contact the sites you mentioned.

Sadly, existing 'decks' would not be able to be gaffed...each card would need to be gaffed, one by one...and that would take forever; better that a machine does the work from the outset, in some form of acceptable bulk! Especially given that I would like to market the deck therafter...I'm no craftsman with materials, and nobody would buy MY hand-gaffed cards!!!! Smile

I will PM you some details after speaking with the sites mentioned, I don't want to trouble you and if they can say Yes, I'll advise you and send you a virtual bottle of champahne for all your help! If they say no, I will continue the search, and perhaps buy my own Litho-printing setup just to accomodate my dreams!!

Take care, diviner of the secrets of futurity.

Mike
MagicCards-Historical magic posters as greeting cards.
http://www.magiccards.org
mailto:design@magiccards.org
(A division of Portrayer Publishers)
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
I do custom printed Tarot Cards to your design. Min only 100 decks. PM me for details
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
LOL

midimuso has not posted in over 4 years. He might not see this reply. Smile
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Talk about "digging up the past". This is one for Inside The Crypt. Smile
(Good luck with the Tarot cards)
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Digging up the past or raising the dead?

Now what would I do with 100 Tarot decks? A few ideas come to mind...
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Why don't you try Christian at CardShark in Germany?
His banner is up on the entrance/index to this forum.
Simon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tarot card manufacturers/Printers? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL