The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind thoughtscan board (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2009-05-18 11:59, daghank wrote:
But I still believe that mr osterlind could sell the board alone for the owners of dvd for a lower price.

Heck, I think L&L should sell the DVD to the owners of the board for a lower price!

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Just to bring your attention to this:

30th Anniversary ThoughtScan Package $250.00

Richard Osterlind's acclaimed Q&A act, ThoughtScan, is now 30 years old and to celebrate, Osterlind Mysteries is offering an unbeatable deal on this reputation-making routine.

Now, for a limited time, we are offering the 30th Anniversary ThoughtScan package that includes a free copy of Mind Mysteries Guidebook Volume 1, which features an in-depth analysis of ThoughtScan along with the rest of Richard’s stage act. This will give you everything ever written to help you perfect this routine. (If you already have the Guidebook, or choose not to take it, please contact us via e-mail directly and save $30.00 during this anniversary special.

http://osterlindstore.com/catalog/produc......e741c18f

Sven
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Sven - a video of you performing this anywhere?
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Sven's post reminded me of another point regarding the price. Richard is selling this at the same price now as he was when he first released it. So you're getting to prop that will last you a lifetime, you're getting an updated booklet based on years of performing (since he first released it) and now if you take advantage of the special offer, a $30 book with even MORE information to accompany the video.

This is a great deal and I don't know how anyone seriously considering performing this can pass this up.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Come to think of it, what can I buy today which is the same price that it was 30 years ago? All I can think of is - a computer, which is significantly different from the 1979 16k computer I bought. (Mmm, electronics!) Other than that ---?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet (Who doesn't use electronics in his show, but only because that's the first thing everyone suspects.)
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1884 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Black's Q and A Board will not disappoint.

Eric
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3100 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Which dvd is it on?
joanmonse
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of joanmonse
I have received today the Sebastian's Board.
It's still in the box.

Tomorrow morning, I will open the box, and "touch" this beauty.
Also, immediately, I will see the dvd.

I own, from several years ago, the Q&A system from John Riggs. I never has used it.
Also I own the Q&A system from Docc Hilford. I never has used it.

I hope the Sebastian system would be the best for me... BUT, I must admit that I always fall in love when I watch the Osterlind MM vol.1 dvd performing with his Thoughtscan Board!

Please, can somebody, at this time, make us a brief comparison of this 2 systems?
I first sight, I'm thinking that the Osterlind one allows you to perform surrounded but, not the same with the Sebastian's board... It's true this?

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Joan
http://www.vimeo.com/4418799
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Someone's selling Osterlind's board in tricks for sale:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=76&0

107.50 shipped in the US.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
That's not the same, its Ultraboard,a mental epic board.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Sorry, my bad.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2009-05-19 04:55, VIEW wrote:

Yes it is, in a couple of complete shows from a few years back.
However I don't give them out in the open, as I don't want the shows to end up on YouTube just like what happened with a couple of my TV apparances, and without my blessings.
They were, and still are pulled apart an commented with the most redicoulous things by a bunch of kids.If I am not wrong, at least one of them has close to 500.000 views and around 2000 comments.
I really would prefer to have been without that.

It doesn't happen much more or less here than on Richard Osterlind's MM1.
Each ThoughtScan performance and the outcome has however to be different, as the audience always is.
Richard Osterlind is some 25 years better than me in performing ThoughtScan, so my best advice is to watch him as much as you can.

Sven
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6190 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2009-05-19 17:29, Sven Rygh wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-05-19 04:55, VIEW wrote:

Yes it is, in a couple of complete shows from a few years back.
However I don't give them out in the open, as I don't want the shows to end up on YouTube just like what happened with a couple of my TV apparances, and without my blessings.
They were, and still are pulled apart an commented with the most redicoulous things by a bunch of kids.If I am not wrong, at least one of them has close to 500.000 views and around 2000 comments.
I really would prefer to have been without that.

It doesn't happen much more or less here than on Richard Osterlind's MM1.
Each ThoughtScan performance and the outcome has however to be different, as the audience always is.
Richard Osterlind is some 25 years better than me in performing ThoughtScan, so my best advice is to watch him as much as you can.

Sven

Please don't ever worry about those stupid comments. Usually those people are really jealous that they are not performing so they must take it out on someone.

Remember my favorite quote: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Is there any video presentation of Richard Osterlind?
Please PM me.
BEN
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2821 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Richard tends to shy away from video...

Nathan
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2009-05-19 20:49, Greg Arce wrote:

Please don't ever worry about those stupid comments. Usually those people are really jealous that they are not performing so they must take it out on someone.

Remember my favorite quote: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."

Greg

Greg

You are absolutely right, and you find these people on YouTube, in the fora and anywhere else.

- and I simply love your favorite quote.

I actually don't care what these people say about what I do, but it could happen that serious people would stumble over such comments.
That's the reason why I don't want more of what I have done out in the open.

There is no reason to carry more wood to the fire, so to speak.

Sven
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11968 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thoughtscan and the presentation Richard has is wonderful. If I can see one thing (and the only thing) I can find a negative about TS is using a prop. I use a few props already and trying to get away from them. I love Q n A and if I can get away from this "mental" block, I may bring this into my show in the future.

Candin
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Candin

Neither ThoughtScan nor any of the other boards, folios, pads or what have you are in my opinion "props" as such.
They simply are something you take notes on "to make you think better"

Another thing is which one of these boards/"props" are better.
My opinion should come clearly through earlier in this thread.

If the idea of using a board is the only thing that hold you back from trying out a routine like this, try anyway!
You may find it worthwhile.

Sven
numberjay
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of numberjay
Quote:
It's funny reading comments like this. Osterlind has been using his ThoughtScan board for about 30 years and has never been questioned about it. While I haven't been using mine nearly that long, I too have never been questioned about it. I'm sure Sven would say the same thing.

You will never be questioned about the board. It's thin, it's black and is completely examinable at the end of the routine - not that there would ever be a reason to examine it.

What do you mean by questioning? People approaching and asking you about that 'prop'? They probably won't ask you... they don't NEED to ask you... because they'll have already asked themselves and answered "oh, it must be all done by that strange-looking 'prop'..."

I'm talking generally, I'm sure Osterlind's ThoughtScan is beyond suspicion.

But audiences are getting smarter and smarter, and that's very good!

Numberjay
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Quote:
On 2009-05-24 15:36, numberjay wrote:
... they don't NEED to ask you... because they'll have already asked themselves and answered "oh, it must be all done by that strange-looking 'prop'..."

I'm talking generally, I'm sure Osterlind's ThoughtScan is beyond suspicion.

But audiences are getting smarter and smarter, and that's very good!

Numberjay

Obviously you're not a fan of this prop. That's fine, but I'm still trying to figure out what you're contributing to this thread.

It's not, as you put it, "a strange-looking prop". Do you have a better suggestion? A better suggestion that:

1. Allows you to do the routine surrounded
2. Can be performed up close without fear of detection
and 3. Can be left on a table during or after the routine.

This isn't a pipe dream here. And the above conditions is how I use it.

I don't know how much real performing experience you have, you may have a lot, BUT one thing I can tell you that once you step in front of that audience as a mentalist, anything that isn't above board - the audience will call you out on it.

For my money, I can't beat the 30 years of experience Richard has with this.

So again, I'd be curious to know what you think is a better solution?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind thoughtscan board (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL