The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Is this an old idea? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fzillusions
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of fzillusions
I have recently begun using pack of 40 double blank cards with human emotions written on the faces instead of the normal suit and values. Has this been done before? I do a variety of classic effects with these
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Never heard of something like that using many cards. Maybe some packet tricks but apart from that nothing really.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I seem to recall this being done before, by Phil Goldstein, not in the color series but in another mental publication from Hermetic Press but don't have the title to hand to confirm. If he didn't then I had the idea to adapt something from there to emotions, but with regard to mentalism, but I never followed through.

However, this was not in regard to standard card tricks so your applications are different. Good luck to you with your presentations.

Paul.
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
This is certainly quite an interesting idea! I've never seen it done. Good luck with it! Let us all here on the Café know how it works out!
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
I had a bank night routine published in MAGICK using envelopes with different emotions/virtues written on them. Using them on cards seems like a good idea to me.

Gil
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2009-05-20 20:17, fzillusions wrote:
I have recently begun using pack of 40 double blank cards with human emotions written on the faces instead of the normal suit and values. Has this been done before? I do a variety of classic effects with these

Four suits as in the four humors? Is a five of sanguine of greater value than a six of phlegm?

Such are usually used in the form of a pack of tarot cards and just a bit of reading can get you started in understanding the cups, swords, rods, coins and the other cards which describe things like insight and change...
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
[quote]On 2009-06-14 10:28, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:

Four suits as in the four humors? Is a five of sanguine of greater value than a six of phlegm?

Great laugh to start my morning. Thanks.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Is this an old idea? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL