The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Annemann's Practical Mental Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marcus Nogueira
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
52 Posts

Profile of Marcus Nogueira
A very beloved and oft recommended text, I've been having trouble finding it in Hardcover (this is for travel purposes due to my job). Is there a difference between PRACTICAL MENTAL MAGIC and Annemann's PRACTICAL MENTAL EFFECTS? As the former seems to come predominately in paperback and the latter in hardcover, I was wondering if they are indeed the same book with different titles and binding.

Thanks!
M
Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. --G.K Chesterton
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
They're the same book. The paperback has a picture of Dante (instead of Annemann) on the cover and the title is slightly different. Um - the typeface is smaller. And one is more sturdy and comes with a dustjacket. Other than that, they're the same.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Marcus Nogueira
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
52 Posts

Profile of Marcus Nogueira
Fantastic! Thanks for the clarification.
Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. --G.K Chesterton
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
The hard-back has the original name. Magic was added to the title to encourage more of us to buy the paperback version.

Yep, I'm reading it at the moment. Too be honest get the paper-back and put it into a plastic cover.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Annemann's Practical Mental Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL