The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Three kid Monte /Cody Fisher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
guccimagic
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of guccimagic
I have seen this routine and it is a great solid act if you are looking for some kid material. It takes a plain coloring book routine into something special. Hocus Pocus now has this item.
Tim Zager
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
222 Posts

Profile of Tim Zager
Guccimagic,

What is Hocus Pocus actually selling? (What's included?) I'm familiar with the routine as it was written up in his lecture notes a few years ago. I agree it is a GREAT routine! I've been doing it for about a year now.

Tim
Make sure your customers never lose your information,
with a Digital Business Card.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I am NOT familiar with this, can someone explain it?

Thanks
Ken
guccimagic
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of guccimagic
It is a three card monte with kids and a "coloring book". You allow the kids to keep figuring out which kid has the colored book but as you know you have control over who has the colored book. Then you try to throw the kids off your trail by giving them a funny mask to hide who they think has the colored book but all of a sudden they can't guess correct. It is a riot, the kids just love it. If you need more info check out the Hocus Pocus website. Smile
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
What is it called?
Ken
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Here is an explanation of the routine.
Three “Kid” Monte by Cody Fisher Smile
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Brilliant routine, thanks for giving the source.

Oliver
Fast Eddie P.
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
323 Posts

Profile of Fast Eddie P.
Sounds like a great routine. Is there a reason to buy it from H.P. instead of just buying a couple of extra coloring books? I'm not trying to be cheap (ok maybe I am) but if it is already a published routine is it worth buying it "packaged"?
guccimagic
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of guccimagic
Buy the packaged deal, because by the time you buy the extra coloring books and the funny masks, you are close to the price of the package and you still don't have all the good patter.
Fast Eddie P.
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
323 Posts

Profile of Fast Eddie P.
Sounds fair to me, thanks.
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
Buy it from HP. By time you buy three coloring books, mask and try to come up with a routine then you will have spent the same amount of money. I have not ordered yet but will in the next few weeks. If you join the club at HP then you can get a discount or buy it when HP does one of their 20 to 25% off sales.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
I've tried the routine several times, and admittedly maybe it's just me, but it hasn't garnered the response I expected. It went over kind of "okay" but not a "main event" routine for me. I just imagined it would play stronger (for me).

Jim T.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
This sounds like it has great potential.

Along with the coloring book I have been playing with a six way Nursery Rhyme Book. I plan on including Malaprops with the reading of the rhymes,

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
It looks like Jim Steinmeyer has a similar routine in this month's issue of MAGIC. I just glossed through it, but it looks very similar.

Ron Reid
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Great routine. I'm going to try to apply it to other effects.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
MikeTheRed
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of MikeTheRed
A small suggestion to anyone doing this great routine.

Get three of the clips used to keep bags of chips closed. Clip them to the top of the coloring books. This prevents the helpers from opening the books, and if a child drops one it will not fall open.

Do with it what you will.
mike
Bilwonder
View Profile
Veteran user
Oroville CA
327 Posts

Profile of Bilwonder
Nice routine. But I'm trying to place just where I first heard it. Several years ago I remember it being credited to Billy McComb. It was an off hand suggestion of his to a young performer (mentioned on an older commercial tape I have somewhere.) When I saw this thread, I was surprised his name didn't come up as a credit.
billswondershow.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I desperately need help with this routine.

It plays great. The kids and adults have a great time during the mixing and the masks and all of that. However, the ending seems like such a letdown. Any suggestions on how to spice it up other than simply showing all books blank? I thought about using a "blank" larger book at first and then showing that the lines and colors leave the smaller books one at a time and go to the larger. I really like the idea, however, the ending just seems anticlimactic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Same problem here Christopher.

I am having fun with it but the ending is little weak.
ken
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
If you come up with anything let me know.

I met you at magifest this year and have had a great time with everything you offered. I highly recommend the video to anyone getting into kids shows, … invaluable.

Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Three kid Monte /Cody Fisher (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL