The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Why not add a chatroom to the Cafe'? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aedryan Methyus
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Aedryan Methyus
I don't know if any of you have spent any time searching the net for a magicians chatroom but I have and oddly enough I have yet to ever find one. (with anyone in it anyway) I think the Cafe' would be a great place to have one especially one that supported microphones. I've actually been considering starting one at yahoo clubs. This however draws another issue to mind. It would have to be very carefully governed to keep out laymen and the conversations of course would have to be kept generalized to prevent exposure.
Personally I think there needs to be more tests to prevent laymen from entering ANY magicians forums but that is a totally different discussion entirely.
Anyway what do you guys think about having a real time magicians chatroom? Till we meet again.... Chow
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
This subject has come up a few different times in this very forum, look through a few of the pages. Basically the bottom line is a No go. Too many issues ranging from bandwidth, to moderating, to virus concerns.

There are a lot of other sites that do run chat rooms, and should you start your own, I wish you good luck. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Why not add a chatroom to the Cafe'? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL