The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey's Miracles With Your Business Cards! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jay's site lists a new DVD release with Business Cards:

MIRACLES WITH YOUR BUSINESS CARDSþ

Make a first impression that REALLY LASTS!

No matter what line of business you work in, performing a startling magic or mental effect with your business card is one of the best ways to CEMENT yourself into the minds of prospective clients!

Blow them away and they will remember you FOREVER.

Now you can learn how to perform heart-stopping magic and mental effects with your own business cards! Jay Sankey reveals the secrets behind his most powerful tricks with business cards, some for the VERY FIRST TIME!

Learn how to make initials mysteriously travel, predict selected cards, cause drawings to come to life, mentally 'connect' with strangers, transform a playing card into your own business card and MUCH MORE!

Many of the effects are surprisingly EASY TO DO! And they are all guaranteed to make people REMEMBER YOU! If you are serious about making a lasting impression, this is THE DVD is for you!

HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE POWERFUL ROUTINES TAUGHT ON THE DVD!

'SIGNED & STAPLED'
Jay's super direct handlng of the classic 'stapled' effect with a SIGNED selection! The signed card stapled to your business card makes for a KILLER souvenir!

'CREEPY CRAWLERS'
Three small 'bugs' drawn on three business cards mysteriously gather together onto one card! Easy, magical and extremely entertaining!

'TURNING POINT'
A business card intialed by a spectator mysteriously turns over in a packet of business cards several times in a row!

'FRESH INK'
Mysteriously 'print' a business card at a moment's notice!

'POWER LUNCH'
The magician visually pulls the spectator's initials off one business card and SLAPS them onto another!

'A FORMAL AFFAIR'
Cause the DRAWING of a spoon to mysteriously bend!

'MEMORY LAPSE'
A spectator is 'influenced' to forget a detail everybody else clearly remembers! Shocking mental effect!

'CHANGE IN DIRECTION'
Three business cards, three freshly drawn arrows and a startling visual change. Completely impromptu and you end CLEAN!

'SEEINGS THINGS'
A few holes are punched in a business card, but with just a wave of the magicians hands, all the holes visually disappear! And the business card can be immediately handed out for examination!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jay updated the site:

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48305

# Pre-order now! SAVE 30%!
# 'MIRACLES' starts shipping world-wide on JUNE 12! (Any products you order with 'MIRACLES' will also ship on JUNE 12.)
# Features MORE THAN 20 magic & mentalist effects you can perform with your own business cards!
# Many of the routines are VERY EASY to do!
# Learn all of Jay's strongest business card routines over the past 20 years + many brand new effects!
# Over 40 minutes of BONUS FEATURES!
# All required sleights, forces and techniques are taught in complete detail!

"I won an advanced copy of the Miracles dvd. It arrived this morning. I spent most of the afternoon watching and re-watching it. Jay does a brilliant job of presenting many wonderful effects. I'm going to start performing 'Seeing Things,' 'Fresh Ink,' and 'Signed & Stapled' right away!"-Sean L.

"Sankey's 'Miracles With Your Business Cards' was definitely worth the wait! Love it!"-Rod D.

"I'm a salesmen by profession and I only do a few magic tricks, but thanks to Jay Sankey's new DVD I'm definitely going to be showing my clients a lot more magic! The routines are very visual and pretty easy."-Grant S.

"I'm still waiting for Jay to produce a DVD that isn't worth at least TWICE was he's charging. The new business card DVD is no exception. Order it now!"-Mike W.

Learn effects using your business cards with coins, playing cards, spoons, drawings, matchbooks, markers, staplers, handkerchiefs, flash paper and more!

Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
And?
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
And what?
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Yeah seriously Chris, why do you always just post the hype of magic effects that come out on here without making like any comments about it. Why do we CARE if Jay updated the site? Do we really need another Sankey Magic reminder telling us all about the newest product he puts out? His newsletter provides me with enough Sankey Magic hype, thank you. Again I ask you, why post this? Your post count doesn't impress me or make me think you're any more powerful than the rest of us yet it seems that you do. You're always making pointless comments that quite honestly border on spam. I mean, did you really need to say,

"I'm still blown away by this dvd set. The filming, talent, routines, all of it. JUst a superb job all around.

For me, it exceded expectations!"

On the True Astonishments thread? If you look at the surrounding conversation, it has nothing to do with what you said. You already TOLD us a million times on that thread about how great it was and kissed everybody's @ss saying how you loved everything and blah, blah, blah. If you enjoyed the product so much, then that's great, and I think telling us you like a product is fine, if you don't do it once every five minutes. Alright, I'm getting on a bit of a rant here but my main point is...

Am I the ONLY one unbelievably annoyed at Chris's constant meaningless posts (such as this one)?
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Quote:
On 2009-06-10 10:00, mayniac wrote:
Yeah seriously Chris, why do you always just post the hype of magic effects that come out on here without making like any comments about it. Why do we CARE if Jay updated the site? Do we really need another Sankey Magic reminder telling us all about the newest product he puts out? His newsletter provides me with enough Sankey Magic hype, thank you. Again I ask you, why post this? Your post count doesn't impress me or make me think you're any more powerful than the rest of us yet it seems that you do. You're always making pointless comments that quite honestly border on spam. I mean, did you really need to say,

"I'm still blown away by this dvd set. The filming, talent, routines, all of it. JUst a superb job all around.

On the True Astonishments thread? If you look at the surrounding conversation, it has nothing to do with what you said. You already TOLD us a million times on that thread about how great it was and kissed everybody's @ss saying how you loved everything and blah, blah, blah. If you enjoyed the product so much, then that's great, and I think telling us you like a product is fine, if you don't do it once every five minutes. Alright, I'm getting on a bit of a rant here but my main point is...

Am I the ONLY one unbelievably annoyed at Chris's constant meaningless posts (such as this one)?

I'm a bit annoyed at YOUR post...

This is an open forum. Chris is great at alerting us all to things that we would otherwise not know about.
As to his comments...that's all they are...comments. If you want to dispute something then dispute facts not opinions.

If you don't like his posts, I suggest you stop reading them. That way you don't have to post meaningless posts about posts that you think are meaningless.

M&S
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
217 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
Chris has done a fantastic job of alerting us of new effects. The creators also have a lot of respect for Chris and look forward to his reviews and letting us know what is out there.
He has helped out many magicians on here with his vast knowlege.
Keep it up Chris and thank you,

Mike
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Quote:
On 2009-06-10 10:08, magicandsoul wrote:
Quote:

I'm a bit annoyed at YOUR post...

This is an open forum. Chris is great at alerting us all to things that we would otherwise not know about.
As to his comments...that's all they are...comments. If you want to dispute something then dispute facts not opinions.

If you don't like his posts, I suggest you stop reading them. That way you don't have to post meaningless posts about posts that you think are meaningless.

M&S

You're right, this IS an open forum, therefore I decided to finally be the one to speak out about Chris's countless meaningless posts.

And secondly I was not disputing his comments, I was merely saying that they were not needed and once again, if he likes a product and wants to tell us, that's cool, but if he's already told us a MILLION times, why keep telling us? And I was not disputing opinions, it IS a fact that he posts a ton of short little posts that seem to just say the same thing over and over or just be trying to get his post count higher.

Lol I don't read his topics/posts, I can read all of his "meaningful" posts that "alert" us of all the new Sankey products in Sankey's newsletter or on the Sankey magic website.

And finally, how is my post meaningless? I have an opinion about the behavior of a person on here and am the only one to actually stand up and say something about it. Doesn't seem meaningless to me.
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
You are one bitter little man aren't you?

You will never find any purpose by bashing others in a thread that has nothing to do with your comments. This thread is about a Sankey product and not your very strange obsession with Chris. THAT is what makes your comments meaningless.

You gotta let that go dude. It's weird...and frankly I smell a stalker.
M&S
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I don't think Chris has to worry about increasing his post count - he's already in the Eternal Order by a good margin.

Not everyone gets Sankey's newsletter. Those who don't (and perhaps those who do, but don't read their email every day) would have learned from Chris's first two posts that Sankey has a new product coming out, a pretty detailed description of its contents, and the fact that they could get a 30% discount by pre-ordering now. That's all valid information and worthy of posting. We can't expect Chris to say much more yet about a product that no one has seen.

BTW - Chris has, on several occasions, given the bad news on a product along with the good, so I think we can conclude that he calls them like he sees them.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Oh ! Oh !

I think that Chris will be very (I mean very ) happy to give you his answer....

Quote:

mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Magicandsoul-I am not bashing, I'm simply addressing what, I think, is an issue. Also I'm not a bitter man , once again, I'm just addressing something that bothers me and other people that I have talked to, strangely enough, nobody ever says anything about it here, I just spoke up.

And I'm not sure how I have an "obsession" with Chris, that doesn't make much sense. And the stalker comment doesn't make any sense either.

MaxfieldsMagic-You made several good points and it has helped change my view, a little bit on topics like this that Chris creates. Thank you for making a sensible rebuttal and NOT calling me a stalker lol.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I treat The Magic Café like a "real" Café and chat away. I intend no harm. I have enough PM's over the years from folks thanking me for bringing a thread back that they missed to know I'm doing more good than harm.

I've not liked products and had the friends of the creator ( maybe it's the creator being anonymous ) call me names and threaten me. So, whether I like or don't like something, someone will always have something to say. lol.

As in a real Café, if someone doesn't like what they're hearing, they can move to another table, or...have coffee elsewhere.

mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Thank you Chris for not getting mad at me and helping me understand your viewpoint. I think no further discussion about it is necessary. Thanks Chris for understanding!
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Okay...my comments were overboard. I admit that and I apologize.

You're not "bitter", you have no "obsession", and nor do I "smell a stalker". I was just getting your attention to the extreme and I really do apologize for the exageration.

You also show (to be PC) good Kharma with you last response. Good on you.

Will you also acknowledge that you too exagerate when you say:

1. "You're always making pointless comments..." (ALWAYS?)
2. "You already TOLD us a million times..." (a MILLION times...really?)
3. "...if you don't do it once every 5 minutes" (EVERY 5 minutes...really?)

I took your original post to be rather harsh and pointless because it had nothing to do with the topic. And the overboard words seemed to have been designed to make an issue out of nothing...kinda like what I did. See how that happens?

To the point...you asked:
"
Am I the ONLY one unbelievably annoyed at Chris's constant meaningless posts (such as this one)?"

Answer: You are most likely in the minority.

May I suggest a separate thread somewhere else within this forum that asks the membership directly. His pluses far exceed his minuses...as I also suspect is the goal that each of us attmept to achieve. God knows I'm not perfect.

BIG PICTURE: If we were all alike then most of us would be useless. I learned that lesson the hard way a very long time ago. I also suspect that at some convention you and I would get along just fine. I know Chris and I would even though I've never met him.

P.S. I do not plan on purchasing this product right away. Dispendable income is tight and there are simply too many other things I want first. Besides, the way Sankey is marketing nowadays I suspect that I will be able to get this at a huge discount in the near future.

M&S
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
OK, now that all of THAT is out of the way, back on topic...

While I know that there are many "Sankey Haters" out there in Café land and in the Magic community in general, he has put out a great deal of excellent Magic that is absolutely performable for lay people. I'll also say that he has put out some real stinkers as well. I think his silly sense of humor tends to put people off. Don't let that fool you, Mr. Sankey is a true student of Magic and all of its facets and has been a working professional for longer than a lot of Café members have been alive (Sorry Jay, did not mean to infer you are getting old!).

I have ordered this DVD and I wanted to point out one reason why any of you who are or want to become working professional Magicians should do so to. ANYTIME you can perform Magic that leaves your business card in the spectator’s hands as a souvenir is a huge bonus and some of the best advertising/networking you can do. In my walk around set, I perform several effects that use business cards in the effect, creating souvenirs for the spectators. One of those is Jay Sankey's "Lasting Impression" which I think will be included on the Miracles DVD. I also perform "Trilogy", using my business cards to write the card and number each person picks. I also do "Phantom Artist", leaving them not only with the cut-out picture as a souvenir, but the business card with the celebrity written on the back as well. If the effect you perform for them using your business card is a good strong effect, they will definitely keep that card as a souvenir and, now here's the best part, SHOW IT TO OTHER PEOPLE AND TELL THEM ABOUT THIS AMAZING TRICK YOU SHOWED THEM! That is powerful word-of-mouth advertising.

Last comment, for less than $20.00 (With the 30% off pre-sale) you are getting a DVD with a dozen or more effects on it. Even if you only like three or four of them and end up using one or two in your Magic, isn't that worth $20.00? I know I've spent way more than that for a one trick DVD, which by the way, half the time I did not care for or flat out hated. I would strongly suggest taking a chance on this one; I don't think you will lose out.

Thanks,
Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Good points Magicandsoul! We probably both went a little overboard, as you said. Glad it came to a happy ending lol.
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
I like Jay Sankey a lot. In fact he is definetly one of my top 5 magicians. However:
1) He releases material too fast. A lot of his releases have not been up too par.
2) There is serious (and I mean SERIOUS) overlap between his DVDs. You could probably compress all Sankey material in 10 (probably less) quality DVDs, which is still more than the majority of performers could ever hope for.
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
OK,

As you can see by the post I made previously, I am a fan of Mr. Sankey. As I also stated, I use business cards in my Magic, I believe that it is a great marketing tool when you can leave them with a business card as a souvenier of the magical moment you shared with them. I was REALLY looking forward to this DVD. I received it yesterday, popped it in and watched it along with a Magician/Mentalist friend and fellow California Magic performer Doug Kevilus. I have to say that for me, I was disappointed.

As I stated above, for less than $20.00, if there are three or four good effects to use than it is worth it. There definitely are several good effects on the DVD, the problem for me is that three of them I already had! Now I knew that "Power Lunch" was going to be on there, that effect I bought as a download and perform it all the time. However, part of the reason I was so excited about this DVD was to see the other "Out To Lunch" principle effects Mr. Sankey touted. Well, it turns out that the other two good effects from the "Out To Lunch" section were pulled right off of his "22 Blows To The Head" DVD. They were not even re-shot or anything, they are right off of that DVD. That was disappointing, that should have been made clear up front.

For me, "Turning Point", "Rising Business Card", "Seeing Things" & "Signed & Stapled" were pretty much the only "new" effects I found worthwhile. So, by my definition, I got my money's worth. I guess I was just expecting so much more from this one. I was SO excited about a DVD devoted to Magic with business cards, and Mr. Sankey has the creativity and the Magic chops to deliver a really good DVD on the subject. I don't feel like this one delivered everything I hoped for. I felt like a good deal of the effects used business cards just to use business cards. What I mean is there was no real motivation to use the business cards and/or it was a trick that used business cards in place of a playing card without really needing to. "Toss Revelation" & "Maximum Security" are two good examples of that.

All that being said, if you don't own "22 Blows To The Head" and/or you did not purchase "Power Lunch" as a download, then you will find six or seven effects here worth exploring. Again, for $20.00, I'd say that's worthwhile. There is some good stuff in the "Bonus Section" as well. Overall, while I came away feeling less than satisfied, there are several good effects here and if you are looking to incorporate Magic using your business cards, there are several to use or choose from on this DVD. "Power Lunch", "Turning Point", "Signed & Stapled", "Rising Business Card", "A Formal Affair" (from 22 Blows), "Memory Lapse" (from 22 Blows) & "Seeing Things" are the best on the DVD. I WILL be incorporating one or two of these effects into my Close-Up Magic.

Thanks,
Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Chris, I never met him, never had spoken with him, but I gave him a shot one day and took his advise , it was something here on the Café, and I was very pleased, so when he posted again, I read it and reacted accordingly and again, very happy, this has been the theme with his post's since the beginning for me, I do think he somehow has been given a sneak peek or some insight to things and that enables him to give the info he does, for me, I hope he never stop's, for those of you who may be turned of for some bizarre reason, simply don't read his post's, but I have also never seen him attack anyone in a negative way, he always maintains a very positive view point. Thanks Chris, I hope I get the pleasure of meeting you one day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey's Miracles With Your Business Cards! (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL