The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best way to perform coin in bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Double O Magic
What is the best way in your opinion to perform the coin in bottle with gaff coin? Pm if you want.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3159 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
David Roth has nice handling with surprise kicker with label from bottle ending up on the inside as well as coin.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
I tried David Roths CIB here's where I ran into problem's. I coundn't get the lable on the outside to say in place. YES the one on the inside sticks very well, and looks great. I was very disappointed. I followed his instructions on his tape, however, he does not tell you how to get the outside lable to stay in place. I also looked it up in his book, same thing. If any one can help with instruction, that would be great. PLEASE don't tell me to look at the book again. This is no secret. I have all I need I just can't get the lable to stay in place. Smile Rick
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Unfortunately I have no idea how that bit is done in the first place haha.
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
356 Posts

Profile of Loopback
I have had good luck using the routine that comes with the Johnson CIB.
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
John Carney's routine.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I've played with several and I'm pretty convinced that "BlindSpot" by Mark Mason and Bob Swadling is the end all beat all CIB for me! I recently did this trick at a BBQ 4 times back to back with 4 different beer bottles that were handed to me as they finished drinking em! Pretty cool when you don't have to sneak off to the corner to get ready!

MMc
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I had A coin In bottle In my Coinjurering book With A min- Coke bottle! Where The Bottle vanished Around from around the coin at the end of the routine! And John Bannen Has A cool coin in Bottle!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Interesting...are you able to explain by pm or would you rather not?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Hi Double O,
As it is In print I think you should go there! Coinjuring Pg.18!
Or for Bannon's handleing Smoke and Mirrors Pg. 148 Vacuum Packed! Ok thanks man!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

No prob I'll check it out! Thanks!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Cool Man! Yea I think John's handling is better for table hoping! Mine is better For a Set Show! Smileok thanks!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
My favorite is Johnny Thompson's version
I have a coin load for coin in the bottle that is undetectable, silent very clean and I do it right under the spectators nose.
I will be releasing it very shortly
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Mickey Painless hit it right on the nose...

"Blindspot" by Bob Swadling and Mark Mason is absolutely brilliant! Coin and/or cap in bottle is one of my "magic addictions". You know, a certain type or genre of effect that you HAVE TO HAVE every know version of and are always looking for the "holy grail". Up until now, "Prohibition" was the end all/beat all for me. I saw when "Blindspot" came out but I held off buying it. A few days ago, I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Mason lecture for a second time and he showed us "Blindspot". It is ingenious. Clean, simple, foolproof, examinable and visual with a capital "V"! Imagine, handing an empty glass bottle with its cap screwed on to a spectator, taking back the cap, they can look inside the bottle, take back the bottle and put the cap on. Now they can look inside the bottle again, the bottle can be freely handled, even flipped around in your hand. Take the coin in your hand while holding the bottle by the neck with two fingers and BAM! the coin is slammed right through the bottom of the bottle, nothing left in the hand. Take off the cap, hand the bottle to the spectator so they can see the coin in the bottle. Hand them the cap, take the bottle, SHAKE THE COIN OUT OF THE BOTTLE (Yes, it IS too big for the neck of the bottle!!!), and hand them back their borrowed coin.

That, Ladies & Gentleman, is how it's done!!!

Thanks,
Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Brilliant at the least.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
387 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Thanks Hank. I was looking for the right CIB. $30 at The Ambitious Card. Another sweet trick in my bag.
Regards,
Silverthorne
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
My favorite has always been Kevin James's coin in bottle routine - "Perrier with a twist". The routine is very smooth and baffling. When performed at the right pace, it's a beautiful and complete routine, with......... a nice twist. Okay, I couldn't resit the pun.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
QuailCreek,

You are welcome. As someone who is a bit obsessive over CIB routines, I do not think you will be disappointed. Also, I just saw that Hocus Pocus has it for $24.00 until midnight tonight! Go to their Wholesale Deal Days section and you will find it.

Thanks,
Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best way to perform coin in bottle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL