The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Confetti (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicaldan12
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicaldan12
Hey Guys,

So I want to add some spice to my manipulation act by adding confetti with my silk productions. I use the PENCIL METHOD for my productions (rolling silk around pencil) but cannot figure out a way to get the confetti in the silk and have it fall out when produced. Any suggestions on how to load the confetti into the silk?
Thanks,
Dan
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
I haven't done this but could you use a plastic tube to roll the silk around and drop the confetti into the tube before you pull it out? Otherwise, can you lay some confetti onto the silk and accordian fold it and then wrap it around the pencil? It seems to me that when the silk is flicked open, the confetti would fly.
It's worth playing with.
Good luck!
jef
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Use one of the many prefolds described in Rice's Encylopedia for silk productions. This will allow you to load confetti along the length of the silk by creating an "envelope." You can then do a finger or pencil roll with the silk. When you snap open your silk, the confetti will automatically be released.

NOTE: Check with the venue you are performing at before using confetti to see if it is allowed or not. Some banquet halls have strict NO CONFETTI rules and you could be hit with a big clean up bill/fine.
puppeterry
View Profile
Regular user
Sanger, CA
114 Posts

Profile of puppeterry
RJ,
Thank you for pointing out that confetti isn't always desired by venues. At one of the libraries where I work, a magic show included gleefully strewed confetti. Weeks later, if a child turned one of the book display spinners, confetti would spray into the air and gently sift to the ground as staff called down quiet curses (it's a library) upon the magic act that did this.
TV Mc Arthur
The Librician
Fresno (CA) County Public Library
"They don't get better.....just faster."
magicaldan12
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicaldan12
Thanks a lot for the heads up! These are all great suggestions!

Thanks,
Dan
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

Profile of William Wortman
A good one I saw was in Tarbell Vol. Seven called Pavel's Silk from Confetti Shower. It looks like a nice flashy silk production. And with Tarbell you know that it hasn't been done for awhile.
MMysteries5
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of MMysteries5
Usually, I use a technique that I use since I started silk magic and stage manipulation acts. I just fold the silk in half (the 2 opposite corners), and I place conffeti in the fold created. After, I just roll the confetti and silk together, making along tube silk, then I use the pencil method.

Hope it helped!!

William
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Confetti (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL