The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Bag Escape Plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Anyone know if there are plans for a sack escape that can be used with a sub trunk? Don,
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I don't think there are any plans (although if I'm not mistaken, it might be covered in an escape book devoted to the illusion available from Abbott's), as it's a fairly easy "device" to put together. You could try with them.
Air56
View Profile
Regular user
SC
140 Posts

Profile of Air56
Donster-
Could not find an exact reference. Mak Magic has a bag called "Sack-X" for sale. There is also a manuscript by Supreme Magic called "Illusion Secrets--15 Great Illusion Plans" which has a variation on the bag. As M-Illusion said it would be very easy to put together yourself. Hope I have been of assistance.

Smile Smile Smile
DJM " Not all who wander are lost"
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Air56, yes you have been a help and so has M-illusionist been a help. I'm trying to debate on whether to buy the Sack-X or to try making a bag escape. Don,
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5355 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Donster, there is a very simple solution. You can get a heavy and colored bed sheet, fold it in half, and sew it closed along the open side. Now you have a tube of cloth. Roll the tube up so that it is an open donut shape. Put it into your trunk and push the bottom part of the tube closed (just overlap the cloth and hide the trunk bottom). Lift the top edge up and lay it over one edge of the trunk.

You can open this "bag", step into it, have it drawn closed over your head and tied with a bit of rope. You are standing on the bottom folds of cloth so that the helper (even a spectator from the audience) can give the bag a strong tug or two. Bend down into your box and all you do is pull the tube over your head.

This is simple, cheap, and effective.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Air56
View Profile
Regular user
SC
140 Posts

Profile of Air56
Don-
Glad I was of assistance. I would have suggested exactly what Harry had but I was worried about exposing something in public. The bottom of the bag is never seen. It is only the top the spectators are concerned with.

Smile Smile Smile
DJM " Not all who wander are lost"
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Thanks Air56 and Harry, I think I'll buy the Sack-X. With my luck if I try sewing I'll probally sew myself to the bedsheet. And at my age I could be an old sew and sew. Don,
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
I have a video clip of me and my wife performing metamorphosis on my website. If you watch it you will see that I carefully display the bottom of the bag at the beginning to show that the bottom of the bag is sewn shut.

We used a simple method out of the Tarbell course. The bag is indeed sewn shut with a simple running stitch using a single thread. It looks very convincing, but is very easy to rip out. In fact, my wife is able to pretty much tear out the stitch with her feet before the bag is even pulled up over her head.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
OK I just picked up a Sack-X bag, now all I have to do is understand what they're saying about turning the bag outside in etc. If anyone wants they can PM me on this. Don,
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Another simple approach is to velcro the bottom shut...no fuss no muss...hope to have helped a bit...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5355 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Scott!!! I just watched your Metamorphosis! What a good presentation! I found myself smiling (in appreciation and pure enjoyment) and applauding while watching it! In fact, I left it up on my computer and had my guests (having a little cook-out, Texas style here in Maryland!) watch it. They made me replay it over a dozen times! You were getting applause from the audience here too! Good show!

It looked as if your two audience helpers (Emma and Adam) were having the time of their lives. The two strong crowd reactions demonstrates how good this piece can be when performed properly!

Nice backdrop. Is that yours?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Harry Murphy, thank you I'm logging in now.

Just my luck, my computer won't show his video.
Don,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Bag Escape Plans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL