The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Taking WOW to the next level - A Miracle! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Hi All,
I wasn't sure where to put this, but it is a routine/method/HANDLING of WoW I came up with to take WoW to a whole new level - A ****EN Miracle. For all you mentalists, I know you guys are going to love this. This is just to SHARE the handling with all of you, magicians helping magicians.

Imagine making an open prediction with a word written on a card. The spectators choose a card writes a word on the card. Your prediction doesn't match.... with just a shake... You have yourself a MIRACLE.

Check it out here (not an explanation, but I am sure all of you can figure it out)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDpLeXkv2......nel_page

I would like to thank Keith Barry for the wonderful idea/routine as well as Alex (BMWGuy) for collaborating with me on this.

Hope you guys like it and use this idea!

Chris
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Looks real good. Although I do not have WOW, I would use that routine if I did.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Quote:
On 2009-05-25 21:45, slyhand wrote:
Looks real good. Although I do not have WOW, I would use that routine if I did.

Thanks, I know it might not appeal much to a card magician (ruins gimmick), but I think I am truly offering something SPECIAL to a mentalist.

Of course what a card magician could take away from this is duplicating a signature for an amazing Trasnposition
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Perhaps it would also serve to write the word on the face of the card during that initial display moment using the old dry dodge or being careful with the marker Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Ever since I saw Keith Barry perform REVEAL by ADAM TOPHAM on the Ellen show, I knew I hadto get those Flash cards, but instead the collaboration between Chris(Suxx88) and myself was a great one I may add, and you can do the same exact effect as Keith, using the WOW gimmick!

Thanks Chris

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I came up with a really streamlined presentation for WOW. I don't even put a card inside the gimmick... I just present it as a miniature x-ray machine and make the card appear as I pass the gimmick over the pack, and disappear as I move it away.
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
I appreciate all the PM's here and on Youtube

Please feel free to use this routine and don't hesitate to ask questions like many of you have when deciding to write on the gimmick, it's a tricky process that needs to be thought through
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
True,

Writing on the gimmick is tricky, and you have to be careful.

I actually messed up once, and then tore my gimmick apart, piece by piece, reconstructed everything, redid everything, and know it works like a charm.

If I get gasps and people telling me my book test is one of the best things I do, imagine when I combine it with picking a card and it matches.

Nice!

Feel free to let Chris or myself know if you are having trouble.

Chris was the one who had the idea, then we collaborated, and the rest is history, I am sure this effect will rock everyones world!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
If you don't want to mess up the WOW! gimmick :

Use a 5 of diamonds (or whatever card your gimmick uses) and a blank playing card. Place the blank card on top of the deck and the 5 of diamonds second from the top.

Do a DL showing a regular 5 of diamonds and place it into the gimmick, leaving the gimmick face up with the 5 of diamonds in view. When you are ready to show your prediction engage the gimmick and shake the gimmick to reveal the word you wrote on the blank card.

Best,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Great idea, I'm really into open predictions right now, so this is right up my street!

The most abstract, unique and incredible use of the WOW gimmick that I've seen, was done by Jonathan Kamm and can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_neQyDgBqA

If your like me then I'm guessing you watched that video about 5 times? Amazing right?

Anyway, someone by the name of Yee Chung found inspiration from Jonathon Kamms video and came up with a workable routine for this idea. And can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZJ6cJeCEN4

Hope you enjoyed these videos guys,

Cheers,

Lloyd
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Jonathan Kamm also has another nice routine using the wow gimmick.

hashttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhXh4gYBUTk&feature=channel
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Those were some great ideas for WOW. YTC: that link wouldn't work for me. -J.R.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
These were some great uses for the wow gimmick.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Wow!

Pun intended Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Some great thinking going on. Love it.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Do you have the Keith Barry link where we can watch his trick ?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Quote:
On 2009-05-26 08:45, Ustaad wrote:
J.Robert, This link will work. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhXh4gYBUTk&feature=channel

Smile

Thank you for posting the correct link Smile
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Quote:
On 2009-05-26 15:48, parmenion wrote:
Do you have the Keith Barry link where we can watch his trick ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZCloI0LJQ
this is not ellen, but on ellen, hard to find clip... he uses a dictionary to get her to choose a card.

I have reason to believe a dictionary is also used in this routine but edited out
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Taking WOW to the next level - A Miracle! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL