The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Birthday Magician on John & Kate Plus 8 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MiketheMagicDude
View Profile
Loyal user
CT
270 Posts

Profile of MiketheMagicDude
Did anyone watch this?
Are there still really working children's magicians doing acts full of "over the kids heads" puns and card tricks for 5 year olds?
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
That guy was god awful...
xxx
Decibel33
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Decibel33
I didn't see it...was he just throwing stuff and doing card tricks? What else made him so bad?
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
I was wondering about this, MagicDude.
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
I am wondering who it was.....Jon and Kate live very close to me. I did not see the show. I suspect they or the network hired someone from out of the area.....
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Is this available on the net? I am curious to see what is described as a bad show.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Poor rabbit too, just let the kids go at it, not very loving towards the rabbit, nor good audience management
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
That rabbit was HUGE!
-Matt
sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
When was this on the air and can it be viewed online?

Thanks,
-stephen
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

http://www.NeverGrowUpMagic.com
ralphdean
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Ca
300 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
TVGuide.com says it will replay 5/26 at 8PM and 11PM
electric.ceu
View Profile
Regular user
I can't believe I have
130 Posts

Profile of electric.ceu
To be fair to the magician they didn't show much of his performance. They showed him holding a playing card, and they showed him tell a joke that didn't get a reaction from the children. The father of the 8 children, Jon, made a comment on the show that the jokes and tricks might be more appropriate for the adults. At least he produced a rabbit which the kids went nuts over.
Timothy James
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Didn't see it, but usually these shows are completed edited (read scripted) to portray anything the producers want.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Looks like John and Kate Plus Eight will be soon divided by two...
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
We could see the magician for almost an entire 20 seconds... Was he good, was he bad, I have no idea. Personnally, I can not form an opinion based on 20 seconds edited for ratings that have nothing to do with the magician in question.

Have a nice day!
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I thought how he showed up to the job was a bad start.Not dressed chewing gum and very bla
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Ahh yes, another wonderful snippet of the staged BS that is reality TV !

I gotta agree that when the magi showed up, he looked like he was there to collect the bounce houses and take them back to the carnival where he works as a pitch dust spreader. Pretty grubby appearance for a first impression, eh ?

Wonder how much they are paying the parents to act like they are getting a divorce ? Anyone who believes this tripe is probably also a pro wrestling fan....

:rotf:
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
MiketheMagicDude
View Profile
Loyal user
CT
270 Posts

Profile of MiketheMagicDude
From what I saw...bad attitude/no personality...

the Bday dad says he may have been funny if only the kids got the jokes. I heard one joke about a "hare/hair" A) not really funny. B) kids don't get it

The guy shot a snoody line about the kids not getting the card trick he did for them. REMINDER: they are 5 years old.

If bringing out a rabbit at the end redeems a bad show, then I guess a lot of us are trying way to hard. Maybe we can do a 25 minute ambitious card trick for 15 5 year olds and then pull out a rabbit and all ends well.

I SAY NO!

There is so much good material out there from so many intelligent and interesting people, that magicians at kids parties should be at least by default age appropriate.

oh well.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
The only thing I am sure of is that his rabbit is a whopper!
Mister Mystery
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
I only got to see a glimpse of the guy, that was at the begining of the show. I have not seen the performance yet.

I live very close in Jon and Kate, in Pennsylvania. I have no idea who the guy is. He is not a member of our local IBM or SAM, nor does he frequent out local magic shop. Most likely TLC hired him to be part of the show.....
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Quote:
On 2009-05-27 08:29, ryansmagic wrote:
I only got to see a glimpse of the guy, that was at the begining of the show. I have not seen the performance yet.

I live very close in Jon and Kate, in Pennsylvania. I have no idea who the guy is. He is not a member of our local IBM or SAM, nor does he frequent out local magic shop. Most likely TLC hired him to be part of the show.....

That glimpse you had is all there is to see. When I say he was on the show for about 20 seconds, I mean that literally! That is why I am so impressed by all of our "professionnal friends" on the Café who speak badly about him. I guess they got to see him perform elsewhere to be able to judge him so harsly. I believe you might be right about TLC hiring him directly, because Jon and Kate sure did not look like if they knew anything about him...

That being said, maybe he is a bad magician... I sure can't tell from what I saw... But that is just me.

Louis Jutras
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Birthday Magician on John & Kate Plus 8 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL