The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » FUSILLADE? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Does anyone have a review of FUSILLADE, A Treatise on the Multiple Selection Routine.
What are your thoughts?
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Good, not great. I didn't like either of the controlling methods or most of the productions. However I did like the thinking behind the routines and it will give you a lot to think about when construction your own routine.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
With most of these routines, they are too long. By the time you get to the final card the audience no longer cares, and/or the final spectator has forgotten his card. Smile
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
If you plan on doing a multiple selection routine, I would recommend this one. I love Doc's method of controlling. It's so easy and fair when done properly.
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
I totally disagree with 666, the routine is not too long. I porform at a fast pace and I thought that 15 cards was too much. But man, for the audience, it is hard to control 1 card...imagine 15...so they can't be controlled...you just find them.

It is one of the strongest routine in my repertoire and the only one I added in the last year.

I use the control fron FUSILLADE (Eason), but the productions aren't from the book except for 2 or 3 of them.

you wont be dissapointed
Smile Smile Smile
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
The book finally got me to buckle down and perform this monster routine....I've been doing it successfully for two years now
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Thanks for the information, I think that this is a good buy for me! I'll let you know what I think when it gets here!
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
On 2003-05-23 02:06, dpe666 wrote:
With most of these routines, they are too long. By the time you get to the final card the audience no longer cares, and/or the final spectator has forgotten his card. Smile

If you ever saw Doc Eason do it, you'd change your mind.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Yeah, the controls seemed too difficult for me. Paul Cummins is reputedly a master on the side shift control but does not reveal enogh of it to make it useable for me. Anneman used to say that every trick descrption should have every move in it described, even if it has been in print a hundred times before. I now see the neceeeisty of that type thinking.
Asked about length, Paul did come up with an answer that is so obvious it eluded me; one does not NEED to do all 15 cards; 6,7,8 will work very well, but, too difficult for me to even try and I never have that size audience. Besides, I'm not sure how magiclly mysterious that really is (vs.- amazement, as in juggling).
MartyK Smile
Wizard291
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Wizard291
One does not NEED to, though it is said that to be able to reveal 15 cards, (and names if you can), then you are performing something that will be remembered for a long long time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » FUSILLADE? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL