We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Puppet Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1243 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I have a show that currently requires a puppetier. I'm trying to figure out a back up plan, if my puppet person is unavailable. The puppet voice is recorded and played through my ipod. I need a puppet of some sort to be operated basically hands free. What creative options (aka, inexpensive) can y'all think of?
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Get an intelligent and friendly kid from the audience to help you out and become the puppeteer. Have a pre-show practice so the kid knows what to expect, and then during the show call him up and tell him you need him to operate your puppet. Proceed with the act and it will be funny because he is bound to make a few mistakes; but it will be impressive because he will also do a good job from knowing what the routine is. Don't forget to get him a good round of applause for his participation.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
This is a great idea, Professor! I have done this quite a bit, since puppets are a big part of my show. The kids REALLY love it when one of them gets picked to come up and operate one of my cast for their friends. I never let them use anything expensive, so if anything is damaged (which has never happened to this day), no one will get bent (especially me!). The puppets are always well cared for by their temporary operators.

:)

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Puppet Ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL