The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Three Card Prince/ Three Card Monarch (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If anyone is looking for an African Card Three Card Monte, you might want to check out my "King of Clubs" e-Book in The Wizards' Journal #30, and once purchased you can request high quality jpg files of either regular card faces, an Adult Risqué version, or the African Royalty version as shown below.

You print out these images on glossy photo paper as described in the e-Book and make the cards in any size from small to the full size available for your computer printer or a commercial printer. Appropriate backs are also provided.
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
I have the Three Card Prince and used it to close my stage and parlor act for many years...one set to use, and another set just in case I mess up the first set, but they're made so well I've never had a problem with the first...while I'm not a collector, I've been of a mind to sell the second unused set, but I dunno...something tells me to hang on to it even though I no longer perform stage and/or parlor magic...for handling, I used to use the handling that came with the sets, and for me, it works well...the trick to it, is to script it, and number parts of the script to specific events in the handling...I use a script that comes from the original, included with the cards, the routine as written in the Caveney book, and a bit of my own material, making the effect unique...using it as a closer, the applause that it brings is outstanding...I've even had standing ovations with it...if you have it, learn to use it properly and you will find that it really wows the spectators...
While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Ive had a set for many years of 3 card prince & I use it in corporate or club shows and it always plays so strong
The handling is very easy & the script is based on the original instructions but over the years Ive added all my own bits..fabulous effect
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I have had so many great reactions over the years in my stage shows mainly corporate for this
fabulous effect...thanks Harry.

Click here to view attached image.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On May 28, 2009, Donal Chayce wrote:
I have both versions, and the instructions are the same.

A couple of the moves are given a slightly different handling in Mike Caveney's book, "Harry Anderson Wise Guy." I've changed the opening shuffle moves, and modified the script a bit to suit my character, but that's about it. The routine is exceptionally well-thought and tight--you don't mess with (near) perfection.

And yes, the it is a repeating effect, with a surprise ending. That's the point.

I agree with Donal, I have performed this for many years in the corporate market and have changed a couple of ways I open the cards opposite to Harry on the clips and have my own story that is a a bit easier to follow etc but in general its the same as mentioned its almost a perfect routine.. I don't use this in every show but it always plays very strong as a Cabaret or stage effect, I also use low music in the background that adds to the effect..
Photo was during a sellout private Cabaret show in another city to whre I live etc

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Three Card Prince/ Three Card Monarch (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL