The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » P@3am by Dee Christopher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1657 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Dee Christopher’s Piece at 3am

This book, being pieced together through those moments that we all have. Getting ready to settle down after a hard day at work. Finally drifting of to sleep. 3am arrives and suddenly, most inconveniently, a brand new, revolutionary idea surges through us and fills us with such excitement that not only do we HAVE to jump up and write everything down but we can get back to sleep. Tomorrow comes and it happens all again.

P@3 plays on problems that mentalists in particular have all the time. What do we do when we are asked to perform a mentalist act but don’t have our impression pad or our trick wallet. Well, Dee’s collection of effects utilises impromptu magic is a very cool way.
The ideas shared in this book are genuinely brilliant. Simple in method and slick in execution, the things in this book will help the working mentalist at the hardest of times.

2 effects stood out to me in particular. Loki, 3 poker chips, each of a different colour, are mixed out of sight of the performer and the spectator. Then, the spectator is asked to place each coin into a different pocket. Strangely enough, the mentalist immediately reveals where each coloured chip lies. It sounds cool, but its workings are even cooler. Soooo simple and yet devastating for the spectator. You don’t know where they are before hand, you don’t tell them to place the chip in a particular pocket. They have complete free run of where each chip goes. Now, I realise that poker chips are not the most impromptu of things to have but Dee mentions having folded business cards. The perfect way to perform and miracle and hand out your card. Or even using 3 or even 4 different coins.

The second effect is For Volta. Imagine being able to have the spectator write something down. GENUINLY seal it in a un-gimmicked envelope and still be able to tell them what they have written. Dee has found something very simple and yet so devious. The way to open a genuinely sealed envelope without the aid of steam or gimmickry or gadgetry. The possibilities with this are yet to be seen I believe. This could be a brilliant way to achieve so much with so little.

So there we have it. Check out the PDF at http://www.MindLapse.net It’s a real winner and some invaluable material and effects. Awesome job Dee!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Thanks for the kind words Jamie!

Glad you like Loki especially - it's something I use ALLLL the time and it's a nice lead in to a color reading too for people into that kind of thing! I use a black, white and red chip, so you can imagine the fun you can have with those!

There are 5 pieces in total, all pretty simple in workings, but with some nice little twists of methodology here and there! Smile

Best,

D.
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Thanks for posting this, Dee's work is alway fantastic, they always seem to fit into my repotiar. something I will for sure check out.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Thanks for your comments Daren! I'm sure you'll love the material!!

Best,

D.

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
867 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Just picked up 3AM last night, around 11PM. And I have to admit Dee has a knack for developing mentalism effects that are simple and at the same time can be devastating.

Loki being my favourite of these effects, In Loki you have 3 different coloured poker chips and these are mixed up in your hands whilst your head is turned and the spectator takes the chips in any order they like and places them into seperate pockets, you can then turn round and read their body language to tell them which chip is in which pocket. This effect is PERFECT for what I do when I perform mentalism. I use Labco's great Mental UFOII that serves me well, but I despise taking it out anywhere it may be damaged like a bar, pub or club. With the UFOII I do a similar routine with dice, now knowing Loki though means I don't have to risk damaging my very expensive piece of kit should I be performing somewhere like a pub or bar, but I can still perform the same sort of effect with minimal props that, lets face it if they get damaged or lost IT DOESN'T MATTER! I won't be going home hiding my tears of sadness at the loss of a very expensive friend of mine! Loki is my saviour, no longer do I have to say, 'oh it is too loud in here to do that' or, 'when it's this busy it is almost impossible to read people' as I usually would without my UFOII. THANK YOU DEE, you lifesaver!

Other favourites of mine are THEFT, this is a great idea and I can only imagine the lay person's face when you start to reveal their credit card number! Of course you would have to be careful who is listening as it really is their number so Dee suggests you read out their card number at the bottom of the card instead of the large number across it's face! This is just going to be fun! And a great demonstration of a higher power!

Esoteric is also a neat idea for when you are stuck without some sort of im*******n device, just clean and simple thinking, a definite winner should you be stuck in a sticky situation. Very nice.

This is worth picking up just for the impromptu nature of these effects, how many routines do you know that have the impact of what these are offering without expensive props or gimmicks?

I love that your thinking is that of a mentalist not a magician, you take influences of sleight of hand and conjuring and put it to work thinking like a mentalist and these are the sorts of things you come out with, congrats Dee, maybe you should be nocturnal!

Ben Williams
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
780 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
I loved this latest piece from Dee. I personally never perform effects using a gimmick (with the exception of a NW) and this book has a lot of my style effects in it. I personally liked the wallet peek best out of everything. Impromptu and the moves are perfectly justified. Good work again Dee.

Matt Mello
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Hey, Thanks guys for the kind words!!

Great to see that everyone's enjoying the work!

Best,

D.

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I really enjoyed this manuscript as well... simplistic, practical mentalism for real world performers.

Loki is also a personal favourite of mine... I used it at least a handful of times today and it never failed to get a great reaction. The method will make you kick yourself.

All in all, this is a must-have... even just Loki would be worth the price.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
chr!s
View Profile
Regular user
newcastle
163 Posts

Profile of chr!s
Dee is one of the few people who's magic/mentalism I use on a professional basis, usually preferring to stick to my own material. His work is just so simplistic in comparison to the mileage you get that it's just a joy to perform.

This manuscript may be my favourite of his releases (apart from perhaps shudder).

cl
"you can't see your own rub-a-dub..."
-richard sanders
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Jus picked this up.....wow...its rare to find so many practical, low cost effects, thata are STRONG, REAL WORLD, AND POWERFUL. I love the devils advocate presentation as well, very cool, I'm jumping late on this thread but I highly suggest you check this out.
dee's output has been fantatstic of late and I hope he keeps releasing this stuff.
at the price as well?..man, id pay easily twice as much for these routines, and thas not ass kissing, I'm sure everyone on this board agress too much rubbish gets released these days, so its abreath of fresh air for work like this to get released..anyway..
laters.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Guys, Thanks for the thoughts - I appreciate it Smile

best,

D.

wcmagician
View Profile
New user
Georgia
45 Posts

Profile of wcmagician
Wow. What a great jem I have found! seriously, this material is TOP NOTCH my friend. Excellent work! I love loki and jigsaw is pure genious! Fantastic job Mr. Christopher!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Thanks WC, I'm glad you like the stuff!

Best,

D.

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1902 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2009-06-01 04:18, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
Thanks WC, I'm glad you like the stuff!

Best,

D.

Then I guess you also need to thank me... Cause I LIKE the stuff too!!!
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Great Material! I just read it and I love this stuff!
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Sounds like a winner!

Ill have to pick up a copy soon!

Peace and love

Matt
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1480 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Dee sent me a copy of this and I finally got around to reading it. As with all of Dee's work I expected quality - and that's what I got. I had already seen a sneek 'p**k' of the esoteric wallet... umm... p**k. I thought he was going to sell it on it's own but has bundled some great effects together.

Loki and Theft are both great as stated above by other posters. Personally I love Jigaw Picture Recreation. It blends a few different technique (simple) to recreate a photo taken by your spectators. I can't wait to road test this one.

Well done again mate!

Luke
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Thanks for the comments guys - I'm going to have a head large enough to be in proportion with Max Maven's eyebrows if I'm not careful!

I'm really glad that people are digging Jigsaw, it's something that I originally started doing in informal situations, it's something that I literally just tried out at a family gathering and it worked so I put a bit more time into it, gigged it lots and now I've let it go! ...Kinda wish I hadn't now...

What's that Jermay thing? RGM? All of you come here and let me find my 'men in black' pen! *Strobe*

Cheers,

D.

CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Just picked up P@3AM today, and wow this ebook is great.

Dee what a refreshing style and thinking you have,i will look forward to getting more of your ebooks. Anate is on my list for my next purchase.

Bravo!!!!!!!!

Cheers Lee
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1480 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
You can't go wrong with Anate. I used it the other night three times, all went perfectly. It's one of my new favourite 'impromptu' style effects.

Luke
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » P@3am by Dee Christopher (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL