The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » CupWOW (A new cup gimmick) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Nice! And I agree there are possibilities for other work too.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I said I'll make some more videos and I will. But it'll be a little while. If you want to see a low quality video of this being used to do some chop cup type moves. You can email or PM me about it. They aren't good enough quality to show in the open forum but I can show them to you. The video's were just made to show each other moves we where working on as we worked with the prototype.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I'm drooling...this all looks great Ron!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Sean and I where talking about a kind of wild idea from this. A stage version. What do you think?

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
224 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I would like to see one for stage use keep us posted

john
Make Everyday Magical
Frank A. Glastone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Frank A. Glastone
Nicely done, looks great.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27136 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2009-06-11 16:10, Jaxon wrote:
Sean and I where talking about a kind of wild idea from this. A stage version. What do you think?

Ron Jaxon

? Start small, make bucks with sugar cubes and a simple cup then go to town with a delux if the parlor/stage folks want to pay.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Now that most of the major summer magic conventions are over and Sean Just got back from Magic Camp. We're going to start shooting the video so the CupWow.

I showed this to some magicians at the Abbott's get together and it got an amazing response. The funny thing is it's almost more fun to practice with then it is to see performed. At the Abbott's get together I only planned to show it to a few magicians that I knew personally. But it was so funny to watch them make dice stack, balls appear, vanish and change colors. Most of them did like I do when I'm playing with a new toy. Lot's of laughs and giggles. LOL

I've also found that it's a great switching device. Imagine you have a folded up bill, card or piece of paper and you put it under the cup so you can't touch it. Then it matches a prediction or changes (Bill or card turns into another one).

One thing a lot of the magicians got a kick out of at the Abbott's get together is I'd put a red ball on the palm of their hand and cover it with the cup (No sleight of hand used). When I lift the cup the ball changes color in their hand.

You know how when you use a chop cup and apparently dump the ball out of the cup into your hand? With the CupWow the ball really does fall out of the cup into your hand. Yet you can instantly make it vanish and appear under the cup or change colors.

Here's a low quality (webcam) video I made a couple of months ago doing some chop cup type moves with it. The cup in this video is an early prototype (They now look like the dice video). So don't hold the quality of the video against me Smile. The video was made just to show Sean some of the moves I was working on in it's early stages.

http://www.magicjax.com/cupcam1.html

Ron

Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
356 Posts

Profile of Loopback
Ron that looks fantastic. Great job
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks. I hope this will be ready to release soon but Sean made the design and will manufacture them. But he keeps getting booked for jobs all over the Country. So hopefully he'll have time to start manufacturing them soon.

I've been playing around with some more cool uses for it. Even some mentalism and I don't perform mentalism. Smile

Last week I came up with one where you pour a pile of pepper on the table. Cover it with the cup then when you lift it the pepper has turned into salt. Also worked out some coin routines with it. So I'm finding it has more uses then I thought.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Sean just made a new video for the CupWow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sObvysXWFvk

Working on the instructional DVD for it now. So they'll be available soon.

Ron Jaxon

ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Ron

Any update on release date?

Thanks

S
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I don't know the exact date but with in a couple of weeks. I'd be at Sean's right now helping with the DVD if I didn't have an appointment about my Cochlear implant today. So I don't know for sure but I know it's close to being ready.

If you're not on Sean's mailing list from his site yet you can join it and he'll let everyone know when they are available.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Just got an update on this. There's going to be a change in the design of the cup that will allow you to stack them. That was it can be used with multiple cups (AKA Cups and balls) as well.

So it looks like it'll take just a little while longer but I think the end design will be much better. Contact Sean if you have any questions about this.

Ron Jaxon

ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Thanks for the update Ron! Do you know if you'll be having a special price for a "set" vs buying the three separate cups for folks who are interested in leveraging for a cup n' ball routine?
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I really don't know about that but I'd imagine there will be a special deal for multiple cups purchase. Don't hold me to that at the moment for I'm not 100% sure but I do remember that being mentioned when I was talking to Sean. I'll ask him or if you want you can Email him about it.

I haven't seen the new cup design yet. Sean sent me a 3D image of it and it looks pretty nice but I haven't actually seen one yet. I'll come back and post about it when I do.

Ron Jaxon

ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Ron

Any updates on release date?

thanks

S
Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
1 word - CUPWOW
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
This is one jewel I've been patiently waiting for and I think will be well worth the wait!

Thanks for keeping us updated Ron!

MMc
greatchach
View Profile
New user
Texas
83 Posts

Profile of greatchach
As busy as Sean is on this and everything else, he's still just as dedicated to customer service. I recently had to send him my DeckTR for an electronic issue and he fixed it and shipped it back in no time. Can't wait to see CupWow when it's ready. His stuff never disappoints. (Great advice on the DeckTR instructional DVD, by the way, Ron.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » CupWOW (A new cup gimmick) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL