The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rabbit Production with a Puppet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I just recived a great rabbit production that works with a puppet great for birthday parties or family shows. you can change a rabbit in the hat puppet into a live rabbit. if you would like to read a review here is the link. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109#0 if you would like to see pictures of the effect here is the link http://www.smmagic.com/pastprojects/RoscoeHouse.htm thanks
Louis LaLaurie
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
79 Posts

Profile of Louis LaLaurie
Incredible...and incredibly BORING.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
What is boring about the prop? in my opinon it has great entertainment value to it. when you do a few shows you may see what I am talking about. it isn't the wow factor of the prop it is about being able to use the prop and entertain with it, if you can do that you can take any boring prop and make it great. thanks
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Nice concept. I can see how young audiences could enjoy this.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Tell us more once you've used it live
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Thanks for posting this Mr Hackler ! It is a nice looking prop. I see Mr Spanks in Atlanta uses this. I know he does a lot of shows, so if he likes it and uses it, it must work for him. Smokey Mountain builds some beautiful stuff.

Pay no attention to the negative comment. Some people hate everything, as is obvious from other posts I have read.

:)

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Well said Mark. I also think it is a nice looking prop.

As to Mr. LaLaurie's comment, I'm not even sure that Mr. L is real or one of the imaginary phantoms that haunt this forum from time to time trying to stir up trouble.

Take a look at a couple of his recent antagnostic remarks made here on the Café:

"I don't think Matthew W has any clue what he is saying...he is missing the point and needs to reread the entire thread..but that is very typical for this obese young magi, I think?"

"we are all creepy self-absorbed magic masturbators who hang out with sleezy women or approach total strangers while on some kind of heavy medication."
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I also like the "dressing room" aspect of this prop, as well as the fact that you don't have to worry about rushing it backstage to make sure any of vanished critters are taken care of. Have the balloon to bunny and doves to rabbit effects...might be another box in my future. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
Hello,

I am am the owner of the original Roscoe House built for me by my friend Dan Wolfe of Smoky Mountain Magic. The idea came when I wanted to add a live bunny to my birthday show and wanted to do it in a way that made sense and would work with my current and well received childrens birthday party magic show. The idea for the house is based on snoopy's dog house and the idea of turning my puppet "Roscoe" into a real rabbit seemed kind of like Pinochio, a story that children know and understand. Roscoe doesn't believe he is a puppet and insists that he is a real rabbit and is in fact the "STAR " of my show. Since my final routine is the puppet, the idea was perfect and allowed me to finish my show by turning the puppet into a real rabbit.... This thing is GOLD!!!

I have children ask me if it really is a real bunny, they want to know how the puppet changed to real rabbit, if the rabbit changes back to a puppet. This is anything but boring and the kids love it. I don't believe the children when they tell me he is a real rabbit and am just as shocked as they are when I realize he is a REAL bunny.

-stephen
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

http://www.NeverGrowUpMagic.com
sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
BTW...

We spent about 6 - 8 months from concept to completion... This prop is well thought out.

-stephen
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
I like this prop so much that Dan is helping me with two new props for my reading show. He is a pleasure to work with and fun to talk to on the phone. I can highly recommend Smokey Mountain magic to anybody who asks.

-stephen
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
SSpanks thanks for the great idea you had with roscoe house and allowing others to enjoy performing with it as well. I ordered one from Dan for my bunny leeroy and cannot wait to use it in my b-day shows. I also agree with sspanks about Dan and smoky mountain magic I own several effects from smm they are all great and smm has great customer service. thanks
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
The table it's on in the photos is too large to allow the sides to fall all the way down. Sticking out as they are, they look somewhat in the way. Do the hinges allow for the sides to fall all the way down if the table wasn't stopping them (ala a traditional Blammo Box)?
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
No it is made with rubber stoppers on the table top to absorb the fall of the sides. my 2 cents
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
230 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
How much is Roscoe house? What did they charge you to develop it orginally?
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I would you tell you the price, but the price of materials could have gone up and I don't want to mislead you. Dan bulids these as orders come in so the price could have changed. contact Dan at smoy mountain magic. thanks
sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
The sides were designed that way as to not fall all the way down. We thought it would add to the illusion that the base is thinner than it really is. Like I said, a lot of thought went into development of this prop.

I am not sure what Dan is charging others for the house. I do know that the children and the parents love this prop and are baffled at where the puppet went and whether or not it is a 'REAL" rabbit. It is also funny to hear the kids tell their parents when they are picked up from the party... it is usually the first thing that comes out of their mouth.

Also, we made the bunny area special and a bit larger, to my specs because of my concern for the rabbit. I always thought the standard bunny box type props seemed to me that they are small and is uncomfortable for the animal.

This really is nice prop and is the only reason I decided to add the live rabbit to my show. I guess as of now there are only two of these things in the magic community... I wish I could talk Dan into keeping it that way <grin>.

-stephen
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
Bart,

Dan did not charge me to develop the prop... we bounced many ideas back and forth and I am sure he thought I was crazy at times Smile Once he knew how to build what I wanted he priced the prop and built it for me. He is very easy to work with.

-stephen
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rabbit Production with a Puppet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL