The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sadly, The Masked Moron is Finally in Malaysia... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
What if whenever you buy something you have to agree with the magician's oath?

"As a magician I promise never to reveal the secret of any illusion to a non-magician, unless that one swears to uphold the Magician's Oath in turn. I promise never to perform any illusion for any non-magician without first practicing the effect until I can perform it well enough to maintain the illusion of magic."

Some sort of standard sentence that you have to agree with. And if you don't....

The last series of MM was some of the worst series ever, in my opinion.
1bigbuddha
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of 1bigbuddha
Does anyone know if this show is being aired in Thailand? I haven't seen any comercials for it on English TV. I did see DVD's of the series for sale on one of the magic vendors carts on Sukhumvit road in BKK though.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
From what I understand is that we have two kinds of magic shows: on stage and street magic or close-up. MM mostly revealed what magicians do on stage. This is really a kill as it will impact the business, carrier, and money from pro magicians. People will no longer go "Whoaaa!!", instead, they will go "Pffftt, saw it already on TV and I know how he did that".

This is a point I really don't get it. Does MM have a grudge against magicians? I mean, if he only reveal some tricks done in street magic, it would be less damaging as the people who watch the show will have small-or-close-to-zero chance to meet a magician that will do the same trick for them. Then heaps of magic tricks secrets would be still be kept away from being exposed to the public.

Even the kids here in Indonesia, some of them, go like "I watched the masked magician last night, now I know how he can cut a person into halves". For me, even I would never be able to perform it as I'm only a hobbyist, this kind of reaction really kills me in the heart Smile

As for suing, I don't think it will work. Buying tricks is like buying a cooking recipe. Once you buy it, it's yours so you can basically do anything you want. You can make the food and give them for free, or teaching someone else how to make it, etc.

NDA sounds good but I don't think it will work with magic tricks, unless they will put a piece of NDA in every magic tricks out there in the market. And also, sometimes it depends on the attitude of our audience themselves. I mean, heck, I've watched some episodes of the MM, and if someone do the same tricks in front of me I won't go "I know your secret, I've watched MM".

I will keep appreciate it and giving out positive response. It takes a lot of practices and time to perform a trick. Most people are intrigued to know the secrets because for them, magicians are smarter that's why they can always fool their audience.

Some even already realize that some tricks rely on sleights, gimmicks or tools, but they can't figure it out. So by knowing the secret, the sleights, somehow it gives them a satisfaction that they're smart so at least there is one trick won't make a fool of them again next time. MM won't do any damage to me, I am only a teacher who performs magic tricks occasionally for students in class. Mainly are card and coin tricks.

But it cant be denied that MM already and will keep damaging a lot of pro-magician's carrier and business. There is nothing we can do to stop MM, unless they decide to stop airing it. Just my 2 cents.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
It is running in Israel as well...every Friday 21:00 and rerun on Saturday.

Does anyone know how many episodes are there?
We spoke with the TV channel and they said it will be 10 chapters but they already show 13 chapters and we do not see the end.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sadly, The Masked Moron is Finally in Malaysia... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL