The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Tommy Wonder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
lemagician
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of lemagician
Quote:
On 2003-06-23 12:45, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Is his coins across routine considered for the advanced coin worker? Or can an intermediate skilled coin worker do these?

Anyone?
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
The coin magic in Tommy Wonder DVD are of intermediate skill at best.

Hope it helps

Yves Tourigny Smile
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
I finally bought Vol 1 of the Tommy Wonder DVD series after reading so many good things said about the entire series. All I can say is this - Believe the hype.

Tommy Wonder is truly awesome. He makes me feel like a child again, watching magic for the first time. His magic is powerful, and it truly leaves you with a sense of awe. Even though there were only 5 routines in Vol 1, the sheer quality of each routine was worth more than some other DVDs with 10+ effects.

Every routine fooled me badly, and none more so than his famous Cups & Balls routine. It is truly one of the most remarkable pieces of magic I have ever seen. Even Max Maven was waxing lyrical about this reknowned routine. I felt that by watching the performances alone in this DVD, I had already got my money's worth.

His attention to detail is incredible. His props are all custom made for his own style of performance & presentation. Some of his self-made props can be very complex indeed, and require lots of time & effort to create. Look at "Ring, Watch & Wallet" to see what I mean.

I probably would not be able to perform any of the 5 routines in this DVD, but nonetheless, the lessons which I have learnt from this DVD on misdirection, timing, presentation, magic philosophy, etc. was well worth the money spent.

Highly recommended. I can't wait to get the remaining two volumes.
porcupine
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
196 Posts

Profile of porcupine
I think tommy wonder, of all the magicians I've seen, comes closest in terms of making 'real' magic. So what if its not practical, personally, I never fonud any of his tricks useful (except maybe his ambitious card), but just the performance alone, I considered, was worth my money. His lessons in misdirection, have been most impactful to me, gave me that same feeling of amazement and revolution the time I was sitting watching John Carney lecture.

haha bet none of you caught any of the big loads in his cups and balls. it took me like 10 times to catch one of them. And watch the final one, after I actually saw it on the TV screen, I couldn't believe my eyes, it was so blatantly obvious...

O well, they're worth it. Tommy Wonder's incredible.

Cheers,
///AMG

and I think that if anyone else had done Elizabeth IV for the first time to me, I would have thought: "what a crappy trick..."
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” - Albert Einstein
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
He's from the Vernon school of magic- a real thinker behind his effects.

He's a genius!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mitchum
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Mitchum
I just received my Visions of Wonder from L&L Publishing. I can't wait to see them!! Thanks for the great review, Tim.
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
I must say that the Tommy Wonder Dvd's are some of the best videos that I own.

It's not just the effects that are the important part here.....

The psychology that goes behind every little detail of the effects are the most important part. Magicians have a lot to learn from Tommy and should try to adapt some of his wisdom in the things that they do.

How many of you sit down and REALLY think about what your spectator or audience thinks during ALL phases of your effects????

Tommy has done this in every effect that he does. From Close-up, to Stage work.

If any of you have ever seen his "Award Winning" Stage Act Highlighting the Cups and Balls, Lemon, Egg, and Canary, and the Zombie Birdcage you'll know what I mean. ( It's flawless!!)

In the videos you must admire him for all the details and effort he has put into the stage effects that he explains. It should inspire us to be better at everything that we do!

I've personally had the chance to sit down and talk with Tommy on a couple of occasions now. His genius has helped me in many ways, and I'm certain that it will help you too!

BTW: I'm the guy he talks about in His books. The "Cigarette Thru Quarter" Guy from Calgary.

Michael Berends
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
Pants99
View Profile
Loyal user
El Paso, TX
230 Posts

Profile of Pants99
I think I've watched the clips more than a million times and I'm still amazed..I'm gonna get the vids b-cuz L&L have them for $15 bux each!!! Ya can't beat that with a stick!!!

Pants
Buckle up... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
Dove84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Dove84
I think Tommy Wonder rocks! The depth of his presentations, the way he looks beyond the obvious, makes antything he does pure gold.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Can someone please advise me as to the overlap between the Tommy Wonder books and videos - are the Books Of Wonder essentially a transcript of Visions Of Wonder or is there a lot more material?
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
According to Tommy, he didn't taped these DVD's (and wrote his fabulous books of Wonder) to see everybody doing his tricks.

He wanted to show HOW he create his tricks, the building, the technical problems he had to solve, the thinking, ....

As an exemple to adapt your OWN ROUTINES !

If you buy his DVD's to perform his tricks, in my opinion (and his, we talked about it) you are completly wrong !
ARNO
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Re- my above post, could someone give me some advice asap as I'm about to put an order through...
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
PapaG,

grab both.

The books wont be around forever.
AS for the DVDs , just great to watch and learn.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
One of my top 3 sets I have seen him live and attended his lecture. Tommy Wonder is the best !
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Just received the Books Of Wonder - fantastic insights. Thanks for the recommendation WayneNZ
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
No problem, hope You enjoy them as much as I
still do.
That nest of boxes with the clock is unreal.
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
This is a brilliant set of DVDs.I bought these to complement the books.Tommy Wonder is lightyears ahead of anyone else in terms of insight,thinking and misdirection.
Andre
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Buy the books and DVDs, if you take all the useful advices and adapt in your magic, YOU ROCK TOO!

Alex Hui
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
To me,Through the Eye of the Needle,DejaReverse,the Tamed Card,Ambitious Card Routine,Cups and Balls,Everywhere and Nowhere are just some of his gems,that are worth every cent(ok more),in his DVDs.
Brilliant is a mediocre word to describe this Wonder-full series.
Andre
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I know this thread was posted for quite sometime... But I need to know where can I find the special box that Tommy Wonder uses in his Rubik's Card routine. I don't have his books, but I do have his Vision Of Wonder. So I hope Tommy did not tell us how to construct a box with blocks in his book cuz I am not skill in the domain of carpentry.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Tommy Wonder (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL