The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Ring on Rope Routines ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

Profile of William Wortman
I am trying to learn as much as I can about the Ring on rope routines. Not the finger rings but 5" rings. I am wondering what are some of the best videos and books on the subject? I have Aldo's video on it and I am looking for more. Anything will help me out.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
960 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
L and L have a whole DVD on it for $19.95
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

Profile of William Wortman
I was looking at that one. Any other DVD or Books will be great.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Phil Wilmarth had a booklet out, out of print but if you nose around, it shows up on ebay, in our books and lecture notes section, from time to time. Probably covered on the L&L video you have, but Daryl has a good routine on one of his Rope DVDs. Plus do a search of this forum, have been a lot of previous posts on this topic.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
BudTCB
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of BudTCB
Check out David williamson,... he does a really nice ring on rope routine. I think I seen it on youtube somewhere. he has a video called slieght of Dave I believe...
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I always liked the Mark Leveridge ring Competition rountine. You can find in on the 'Master' series.
Frank B
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Frank B
Daryl has a 3 volume DVD set that is a great start
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
Full Circle is good, but it is difficult to find. It is VHS and has been off the market for a while. It took me a long tme to run accross a used copy.
Mister Mystery
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4845 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
My Comedy Rope and Ring Routine in my book Kingdom of the Red. It's also taught step by step in the companion DVD as well. See link by signature. There's a sample photo from that chapter on page 2 of the website.

Another idea is David Eldridge's Ring and Rope Video. He uses a very large thick ring for that and some nice moves.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1305 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Daryl on one of his foller dollers DVD has a nice ring and rope routine. Also on fibre optics extended DVD has a section on adding a ring to the routine. I would also think of getting Daryl has a 3 volume DVD set that is a great way to go.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Aldo Colombini has some great DVD's for $10.00. Also check out Scott Guinn's ring and rope routine I think he sells it on his web site A great routine that blends one move into the next very magically.

Best
Leo Jr
cairo
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of cairo
Dick Zimmerman has a unique dancing ring on rope, not often seen but great in his hands.
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Aldo Colombini has great routine, you might want to check there.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8517 Posts

Profile of funsway
The answer is "yes" -- speaking as one who has lost the dexterity to do coin work, effects like ring on rope are wondrous. get any DVD or book and mster a couple of effects. Then look for more for variety. You can only do a couple at a time anyway. Aldo's comes with a ring and rope and eight effects for $10 -- good place to start.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1444 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Don't forget Tabaray has a rope and ring routine that has some different ideas. Flip Hallema had a wonderful ring and rope sequence in his first lecture note that I now think is on one of his DVD's .

The Dick Zimmerman ring on rope routine was one I used to do around 1970. It is highly visual and unlike most ring and rope routines...does not look like a demonstration of topological principles. Also, now that I'm thinking of it the three moves that Jack Miller didi in the50's were a big influence on nearly everyone who came after him. Those moves can be found everywhere but should be attributed to Jack Miller. Does anyone remember Bob Lewis and Ginny doing this with a series of non sequitur jokes? Incredible!

Some of the best ideas for ring and rope effects turned up in the early 1960's in the lecture and notes of Anverdi. I'm not certain, but I think it probably influenced Dick Zimmerman's ring on rope. Particularly the production from the breast jacket pocket.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10645 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
A couple of othere sources for ring and rope
Willie Wessle and Filp
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Yekrats
View Profile
Loyal user
Dayton, Indiana
208 Posts

Profile of Yekrats
I second the hat-tip to Scott Guinn's Ring & Rope routine. It has quite diverse phases, and it's a dandy. Also, for $10 bucks, it's easy on the wallet.
--
Corporate or event magic & mentalism: http://WizardoftheWabash.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2680 Posts

Profile of John Long
If you are interested in "routines", then the L&L dvd, or other individual routines mentioned above should be good.

However, if you are interested in "methods", look at Fulves Self-working rope, Ency of Rope tricks, or Daryls Expert rope magic (you won't need all 3 dvds)

John
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I have David Eldridge's Ring and Rope DVD. I think Brad Burt still carries it.

Ed
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
John Gallo has one that runs about 12 minutes long.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Ring on Rope Routines ? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL