The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Ring on Rope Routines ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1155 Posts

Profile of Corbett
William,

Scott Guinn (here on the Café') has a fantastic ring and rope routine that I began learning this past winter. I love it. In researching these types of routines, I was often disappointed that most routines looks like a serious of knot "puzzles," and didn't look very magical. This was not the case with Scott's routine. The routine has multiple phases (I use 6-7 of them), each with very magical penetrations on and off the rope. I would give this routine a try and see what you think. It's available as a download from his site.

Corbett
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Thanks to those of you who mentioned my routine. It's always played well for me, and you can pick and choose which phases you want to do. Of course, I'm always available to try to help with any questions when you're working on learning it. As Corbett mentioned, it's available as an instant download on my website, on the "General Magic" page.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
I have done business with Scott previously and have found his routines and service to be great!
Angelo
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6582 Posts

Thanks Angelo! Much appreciated! And By the way, Father Photius made a greta point above--if you can find the Willmarth book, it's a GREAT resources, as is the stuff from Aldo. Eric DeCamps has a very strong routine on his Stars of Magic Video, too.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5714 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I've been performing Aldo's Ringing Around, Too. It only took about 10 minutes to memorize the moves and the routine from the written instructions. He puts a lot of guys to shame, who went to school in the U.S., with his written instructions - excellent! I memorized Fly Cards even quicker.

With a few days of practice and rehearsal, the routine was ready. It slays a lay audience!
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
I use Scott Gwinn's routine also (with some additions of my own).

My rope routine is your basic PN (using an oversized setup - 6 ft (for long rope) with some flourishes thrown in. (rope thru neck, etc.)

The addition of the ring routine (with the long rope) gives a lot of flexibility.

Example; If I wind up a rope routine I can transition from a rope routine to ring and rope with the move Scott uses to literally throw the ring onto the rope. This move blows laymen away and impresses some magicians.

:magicrabbit:
"Pick any card. NOT that one!!!"
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1410 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Eric De Kamps routine is amazing. It's on his stars of magic video, as Scott mentioned earlier. I've used this routine for years, and it always amazes. Incidentally, the other material on Eric's video are all real world "worker" routines. It is one of my all time favorite videos. I've also heard a lot of great things about Scott Guinn's work. Between those 2 resources, you should be good to go! ;-)
MENNO ANDRO
View Profile
New user
the Netherlands
11 Posts

Profile of MENNO ANDRO
I'm the proud owner of the book "theatrical Close-up" (1984) by Peter Samelson .
In it there are two ring and rope routines. One close up (fingerring)routine and one standup routine. Both are very interesting for those interested in this kind of magic. In this book there are also many other great routines, all very practical.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-05-30 22:37, Father Photius wrote:
Phil Wilmarth had a booklet out, out of print but if you nose around, it shows up on ebay, in our books and lecture notes section, from time to time. Probably covered on the L&L video you have, but Daryl has a good routine on one of his Rope DVDs. Plus do a search of this forum, have been a lot of previous posts on this topic.

Rick Fisher at Fab magic had a copy
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
dbf18
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of dbf18
For me... Scott guinn's rope and ring. It's easy to follow and each time becomes more and more magical. Lol It's my first post Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6582 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-11-11 08:31, dbf18 wrote:
For me... Scott guinn's rope and ring. It's easy to follow and each time becomes more and more magical. Lol It's my first post Smile

And an excellent first post it is! Smile

Thanks!
My Lybrary Page
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Welcome on board, dbf18! Smile

You'll find the folks on this forum are eager to help out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Ring on Rope Routines ? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL